Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CabinMax - Green 44 Litre

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭CuppaCocoa

donnacha wrote: »
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B009NR577C/ref=nosim/?tag=hotukdeals-21

If your not too fussy about the colour this looks like a pretty good bargain at £14.95

These are great, have one in black. Very sturdy and comfortable. Paid 25 for mine!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Rashers72

Seems to be normal price now ......:(
    PS - will this fit on Ryanair flights?

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Lima Golf

Its too tall. They measure the size of the bag not including the handle and wheels. According to some amazon reviews its 60cm tall, ryanair allow 55cm

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Dogre

Rashers72 wrote: »
    Seems to be normal price now ......:(
    PS - will this fit on Ryanair flights?

Yes, the price has reverted to normal. From the Amazon description:

Designed to fit the maximum size allowed on a IATA flight 55x40x20cm - Now Water resistant 600D material!

Here's an amazon review, there are quite a few saying that they've measured it and its too big for ryanair. Not a bargain alert if it costs you €50 at the airport!

"As I see others have noticed its actually 60cm long when you measure it from handle top to wheels. A while ago I was stopped at Gatwick airport with my existing flight bag, which was 58cms total length (just went and measured it to find out) and that didn't fit in the frame they have for checking cabin bags by just the slightest fraction. This at 60cms total length is clearly not going to fit. The dimensions quoted on Amazon are for the bag; excluding wheels and the protruding extending handle, that doesn't even go flush with the top of the case when you close it down. Have returned bag and will order the other one Cabin Max make, without wheels, as I was very impressed with the quality and finish of the product otherwise."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Dogre

It is possible that the reviews you refer to are for another model in the cabinmax range, as this bag does not have wheels and is soft structured, not rigid. Therefore this bag will fit in the Ryanair tester. I have purchased 6 bags of this model and have never had a problem with the size.

In fact, I purchased another 2 bags of this green version using the reduced price of this bargain alert because I will use them in the future when my current bags wear out.

Dogre, you are 100% right. I was looking at the trolley version of this backpack. The one the op posted does fit. My bad!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

I have one of these (in black), it's great. Definitely fits in the cages in the airport for Ryanair. There's compression straps on it so when you pack it you can squeeze it down to size. You can fit a lot of clothes in it as well.

I also use it a lot when grocery shopping when cycling, can hold a good bit more than a normal backpack yet still easy to cycle with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Lima Golf wrote: »
    Here's an amazon review, there are quite a few saying that they've measured it and its too big for ryanair. Not a bargain alert if it costs you €50 at the airport!

"As I see others have noticed its actually 60cm long when you measure it from handle top to wheels...Have returned bag and will order the other one Cabin Max make, without wheels, as I was very impressed with the quality and finish of the product otherwise."

If anyone is considering the wheeled version in the future it's now the correct size including the wheels (Tripadvisor discussion with merchant re. the size here). I've had mine almost a year with no hassles, though the wheeled one is too big for the Aer Lingus Regional flights carry-on restrictions. They're great bags, even at full price ;)

Advertisement