Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dishwasher not cleaning properly

Options
  • 17-11-2012 5:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭

its a zanussi zsf6126, and its recently started leaving residue on all the dishes, especially glasses. the residue is fine sandy hard stuff.

I've cleaned the filter and the salt is fully topped up. is there anything else I can do? can't really afford to get it serviced.

I've heard of an inlet valve. is this worth replacing, can I do it myself, and are they all the same? would this fix it? can I just pick up one in a hardware store or online or something that'll work?

is there a strong cleaner that I can get that'll deep clean it properly?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭macker16

make sure the salt cap is tight . the salt could be coming during the wash and drying onto the glasses and cups during the drying cycle

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭galway1973

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    its a zanussi zsf6126, and its recently started leaving residue on all the dishes, especially glasses. the residue is fine sandy hard stuff.

I've cleaned the filter and the salt is fully topped up. is there anything else I can do? can't really afford to get it serviced.

I've heard of an inlet valve. is this worth replacing, can I do it myself, and are they all the same? would this fix it? can I just pick up one in a hardware store or online or something that'll work?

is there a strong cleaner that I can get that'll deep clean it properly?
    What tablets r you using?

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭ellewood

no rinse aid ??

• Registered Users Posts: 21 holmeste

try different tablets as this happened us also but with change of talets all was ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭dak

Tesco doing half price offer on Fairy Platinum tablets !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

use quantum i think. havent filled up with rinse aid in a while, i didnt think it was doing anything.

Advertisement