Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kogan LED TVs

Options
  • 17-11-2012 5:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭

I'm not sure if this is a bargain or not, but these TVs are very highly regarded in Australia and the guy has really shaken up the industry over there. I wonder would they deliver to Parcel Motel.

http://www.kogan.co.uk

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭niloc1951

ballooba wrote: »
    I'm not sure if this is a bargain or not, but these TVs are very highly regarded in Australia and the guy has really shaken up the industry over there. I wonder would they deliver to Parcel Motel.

http://www.kogan.co.uk

Saorview compatible :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

They don't seem to be Freeview HD, so will not decode the Saorview signal.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

I use UPC, so not an issue for me. I don't even know if my own LG is Saorview compatible. Only the biggest Kogan TV seems to be Freeview HD compatible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

They don't seem to be Freeview HD, so will not decode the Saorview signal.

That's not a hard and fast rule though.

I've 2 'standard' Freeview TV's, both of which deliver Saorview - DVB-T + MPEG 4 + MHEG5

Same is the case for numerous Panny's, Samsung and LG's. all of which are certified and listed as such on the Saorview site.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 onliner

No Delivery to ROI

PICKUP
    Kogan products are not available for pickup.
    DELIVERY
    We deliver across the UK with our express courier service with online track and trace facilities. All items listed as in stock will usually be dispatched within 24 hours of payment.
    NOTE: Kogan currently only ship to UK locations (including Northern Ireland). We do not ship to Ireland (IE) or mainland Europe.
    Pre-sale items will be dispatched as advertised
    TO EASILY CALCULATE YOUR DELIVERY, ENTER YOUR POSTCODE AT THE CHECKOUT SCREEN

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

As the first post says, use parcelmotel and either collect from the depot or pay the additional charge for delivery and your sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

onliner wrote: »
    No Delivery to ROI
    Hence my comment about parcel motel.

Are the prices decent? The Kogan Australia website used to market these as equivalent to Samsung/LG in quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,419 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

5500 wrote: »
    As the first post says, use parcelmotel and either collect from the depot or pay the additional charge for delivery and your sorted.

Read this as "Paracetamol" the first time i read it...thought you had lost it......

Now have an urge for a paracetamol

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭A Law

anyone know how good the spec is on the 55"? is it good value at £749? and 10.50 delivery charge on top of that from parcel motel to finglas or is it more?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,582 ✭✭✭Zardoz

anyone know how good the spec is on the 55"? is it good value at £749? and 10.50 delivery charge on top of that from parcel motel to finglas or is it more?
    I wouldnt risk buying such a large tv using Parcelmotel.
    If anything goes wrong with it you could be snookered warranty wise.Too much hassle.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

Zardoz wrote: »
    I wouldnt risk buying such a large tv using Parcelmotel.
    If anything goes wrong with it you could be snookered warranty wise.Too much hassle.

If it does give trouble you would have to ship it back and forth to the UK, you would be as well to buy secondhand here, in effect you are buying a product with no warranty, from an realistic economics perspective at least.

Cheers

Peter

• Registered Users Posts: 5,582 ✭✭✭Zardoz

If it does give trouble you would have to ship it back and forth to the UK, you would be as well to buy secondhand here, in effect you are buying a product with no warranty, from an realistic economics perspective at least.

Cheers

Peter
    True .
    Warranty is a bit factor in buying a tv ,I wouldnt spend big money on a set unless it came with a 5 year warranty .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Tragedy

The 55" model has gotten pretty disastrous reviews, fwiw.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,917 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Zardoz wrote: »
    True .
    Warranty is a bit factor in buying a tv ,I wouldnt spend big money on a set unless it came with a 5 year warranty .

Warranties are in addition to your consumer rights, in Ireland you have upto 7 years to get it rectified with the Sale of Goods and Supply of Services Act. So not buying an item because it doesn't have a long warranty is pointless, for Irish suppliers, if you are paying a bit for it. Buying from overseas could cost you a fortune in postage for any issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Tragedy wrote: »
    The 55" model has gotten pretty disastrous reviews, fwiw.
    http://www.techradar.com/reviews/audio-visual/televisions/plasma-and-lcd-tvs/kogan-led55-1062186/review/5#articleContent

Hardly disastrous in fairness. Bit of input lag though so watch out gamers..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Tragedy

Very poor input lag, terrible backlight bleed in the corners, ugly picture due to 100hz 'feature' and the colour reproduction isn't particularly great.

Sounds pretty disastrous to me! It's relatively cheap for a 55", but not particularly pleasant to watch TV on. Plenty of decent 50" plasmas from £450 up, or 60" Samsung/Panasonics for under £900.

There's a difference between a "bargain" and just plain "cheap" :)

Advertisement