Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung S3 - €487

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

op did say on Ireland:-)

But he linked to a french website.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭IrishPhoenix

Is it sim free from Amazon.de?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

I just did a quick calculation of how much this saves versus eMobile on an unlimited 12 month plan. You could save EUR 249 over a year by buying the handset up front, plus you're not tied to a contract. It would be insane to buy from eMobile!!!

• Advertisement

ballooba wrote: »
    You could save EUR 249 over a year by buying the handset up front!

If you're not going to use it why not save more by just not buying it at all?

If you're not going to use it why not save more by just not buying it at all?
    Am I missing a joke in there? Or did you not understand my post?

Unlimited 12 month contract is 79 Euro per month, phone is 89 Euro upfront.

Unlimited Sim Only is 32 Euro per month, plus 439 Euro upfront.

(12 x 79) + 89 = 1037
    (12 x 32) + 439 = 823

1037 - 823 = 214 Euro saving. I said my initial calculation was quick and it was actually out a little.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Nexus 4 all the way for me.

£279 via the UK Play Store. Sent via Parcel Motel (Thread in the Android forum).

=€350.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Mezcita wrote: »

£279 via the UK Play Store. Sent via Parcel Motel (Thread in the Android forum).

=€350.
    Looks nice but only comes with a max 16gb storage with no SD slot.

No thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭padyjoe

Nexus 4 and 7 all sold out! :-(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

I got mine from meteor, 150 upfront and 12 month contract of 35 euro per month. Works out quite cheap.

Patsy fyre wrote: »
    I got mine from meteor, 150 upfront and 12 month contract of 35 euro per month. Works out quite cheap.
    What are you getting for 35 Euro a month?

Meteor offer 200 mins, 200 texts, 1 GB data for 20.33 euro per month on Sim Only. Add an S3 for 439 Euro and that becomes...
    682 Euro over 12 months versus your 570 Euro over 12 months.

Over 100 Euro compensation for being tied to a 12 month contract would be decent value. If that's your plan inclusions.

What are you getting for 35 Euro a month?

Just 200 mins 200 texts and 1 GB its perfect for me as I never go anyway near those limits.

Patsy fyre wrote: »
    Just 200 mins 200 texts and 1 GB its perfect for me as I never go anyway near those limits.
    That's similar to the offer I got on the S2 a little over 12 months ago. I thought it was a great offer at the time. I don't use my phone that much either. Did you get that in store?

That's similar to the offer I got on the S2 a little over 12 months ago. I thought it was a great offer at the time. I don't use my phone that much either. Did you get that in store?

Yeah got it in store. Send alot of text messages but use cabbage mostly for that. Use Wifi mostly aswel.
    Its great considering Il sell this phone for 300 euro in 6 months!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

Is it sim free from Amazon.de?

They all come sim free/unlocked from Amazon.de unless stated otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

Mezcita wrote: »

=€350.

Except minimum 3 weeks delay in shipping and you need a UK vpn and UK registered credit card to order.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Damie

I just did a quick calculation of how much this saves versus eMobile on an unlimited 12 month plan. You could save EUR 249 over a year by buying the handset up front, plus you're not tied to a contract. It would be insane to buy from eMobile!!!

Got the s3 for 139 up front, 35pm for unlimited everything(fair usage)...I don't find that insane at all tbh

Damie wrote: »

Got the s3 for 139 up front, 35pm for unlimited everything(fair usage)...I don't find that insane at all tbh
    12 month contract?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

I got the S3 through eMobile back in June(i think) for €69 up front and unlimited calls, texts and 15gb data allowance for €35 a month. 18 month contract.

• Advertisement

Damie wrote: »

That offer is much better than the one I saw on their website. That sounds like reasonable compensation for being tied to a contract, if it's only 12 months. For 18 months it's still OK when saving 300 ish on the handset.

Advertisement