Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Santa...What do ye do to make it magical?!

Options
  • 17-11-2012 12:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭

Hi all,

Its that time of the year again to start thinking about the big man himself. Just wondering what does other people do to make xmas morning that little bit more magical for kids.
    For example one year we left a trail of chocolate coins from the kids bedrooms to where santa left presents, and another year we left muddy footprints in the hallway from him.

Also is there any santa people would recommend that are magical for children. Want to make this christmas extra special.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭demakinz

We let the kids finish the Whiskey Santy doesn't drink. Its special day after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

My parents used to leave a carrot for Rudolph and food and drink for Santa, in the morning the carrot would be half eaten and Santa's food gone. Tame and unoriginal I know but as a child I used to think that was pretty cool. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Hippies!

Jesus yer awesome parents, I'm showing this OP to mine. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭audi02

My parents used to leave a carrot for Rudolph and food and drink for Santa, in the morning the carrot would be half eaten and Santa's food gone. Tame and unoriginal I know but as a child I used to think that was pretty cool. :)

Ya we always do that too...wouldnt be xmas without rudolf havin some of his carrot!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

Talc powder with big bootlike footprints coming from the fireplace to the tree works a treat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭audi02

Talc powder with big bootlike footprints coming from the fireplace to the tree works a treat.

oooh i like that idea!!may steal it this year!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

audi02 wrote: »
    oooh i like that idea!!may steal it this year!!:D

No problem.;) Another one was the Christmas Crow watching if you were naughty or nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

First I gather all the kids together. Then I realise I don't have any kids. Next I tell all of the frightened neighbourhood kids to get out of my house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭senorwipesalot

audi02 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Its that time of the year again to start thinking about the big man himself. Just wondering what does other people do to make xmas morning that little bit more magical for kids.
    For example one year we left a trail of chocolate coins from the kids bedrooms to where santa left presents, and another year we left muddy footprints in the hallway from him.

Also is there any santa people would recommend that are magical for children. Want to make this christmas extra special.
    Look kids,Santy left a floater in the downstairs jacks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

My kids are just gone beyond the "Santa" stage, teens now, which I find sad - I used to love the way they rushed to bed to avoid seeing him xmas night and were up at 6 to see what he had got them. Now they know I'm Santa, they reckon Santa is a big git!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Too early.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement