Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fundraising!

Options
  • 16-11-2012 9:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭

Slightly irrelevant to Transition Year, but I thought TY's might have some insight on fundraising and stuff!

So, basically our robotics team has just won the national finals and earned the right to place in California next April. But, we've to fund raise to make our own way their. We've very few ideas on how to earn money, besides the basics that is (bake sale, car wash, bag packing etc.)! Does anyone else have any ideas or experiences we could try? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭missguided

Congratulations on winning, that's amazing!

But anyway, I was in TY last year and we did quite a lot of fundraising, there are so many things you can do! I'd definitely recommend bag packing, you make loads of money from it. Fashion shows are great money makers too, they take a load of organising though. Coffee mornings bring in quite a bit, along with bake sales. Maybe a sponsored silence/skipathon/rowathon/not eating for a certain amount of time. If your school would let you, something like a non uniform day where each student brings in a euro or so. Some organisations do schemes where you collect old batteries or mobile phones and get money for however much you collect, which you could do in your school as well. Raffles always bring in a lot of money too, if you have a good prize like concert tickets or a camera people will buy loads!

Hope that helped, and good luck raising your money :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Cdog33

We do a lunchtime fifa tournament. Hook the ps3 or xbox up to a projector. Fiver in winner gets a tenner. Do one for each year and your sorted. Its good craic too.

Advertisement