Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Children In Need "Minisode" - The Great Detective

Options
  • 16-11-2012 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43,815 ✭✭✭✭

Ehhhh... twas OK!

Very brief and interesting to see that
    The Doctor has retired..

Jenna's as cute as button!

PS - there'll be a new trailer for the Christmas Special shortly also..

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

So Strax is back...

Interesting!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭Jessibelle

RICHARD E GRANT!!!! *palpitations....demands booze*

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Wait, how is Strax back, he died damnit! Got a dramatic death scene n' all. Interesting how they're bringing back those characters though, didn't realise they were that popular

Sooooo I'm guessing by the joking about this Clara is the same Clara from the Dalek episode? Aw man, more questions than answers; I hope at least this episode's better than last years festive one.

Also, yes indeed, Jenna is too cute by half.

pixelburp wrote: »
    Wait, how is Strax back, he died damnit! Got a dramatic death scene n' all.

My wanky theory is that the Doctor being erased from history has had far-reaching effects.

Either that or he's an earlier Strax. Or a clone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭Jessibelle

Aren't all Sontarans clones? Maybe all Strax were nurses as part of their punishment? After all, all races need nurses...Also wibbley wobbley timey wimey :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭doctorwhogirl

Taster looks good. I think I'll like this Clara girl, certainly thought she performed well in her dalek episode.

Agreed thought, this better be better than last year's offering. I nearly felt bad making my family hold off from eating their Xmas desserts while I watched it!!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

pixelburp wrote: »
    Wait, how is Strax back, he died damnit! Got a dramatic death scene n' all. Interesting how they're bringing back those characters though, didn't realise they were that popular

Really? I thought the nerdsphere was alight with people talking about how awesome the Victorian Reptilian Lesbian Silurian was!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Really? I thought the nerdsphere was alight with people talking about how awesome the Victorian Reptilian Lesbian Silurian was!

Awesome yeah, but guess I didn't expect the throng was so loud & the response so great there was a decision to bring them and Strax back.
    Jessibelle wrote:
    Aren't all Sontarans clones? Maybe all Strax were nurses as part of their punishment? After all, all races need nurses...Also wibbley wobbley timey wimey

True enough, the clone thing makes sense within context; I hope it's not timey-wimey because that just confirms it the new Sonic Screwdriver, as the writers' plotting cureall cream.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

I cannot wait for the Christmas episode now :D
    I love the concept of the doctor being retired.

Jenna is just adorable.

I don't think Strax is gonna be the one from Demons Run- he'd said he had been demoted to being a nurse to restore the honour to his clone batch. I imagine this one will be another clone. Happy days though, I love that little potato man :P He steals the minisode, very funny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,171 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

So, The Doctor loses Amy, meets Clara and knowing she's destined to an unspeakable end decides to retire and sulk about it all? :o

Also: demon snowmen? That'll freak out the kiddies!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭Morag

MOONITE!

Also RichardEGrant, oh happy day.

• Site Banned Posts: 56 ✭✭TheLastLazyGun

Here are some images of this year's Doctor Who Christmas special, The Snowmen.

Christmas Eve 1892 and the falling snow is the stuff of fairy-tales. When the fairy-tale becomes a nightmare and a chilling menace threatens Earth, an unorthodox young governess, Clara, calls on the Doctor for help. But the Doctor is in mourning, reclusive and determined not to engage in the problems of the universe. As old friends return, will the Doctor really abandon humankind or will he fight to save the world – and Christmas – from the icy clutches of this mysterious menace. Richard E. Grant makes an appearance as the Doctor's latest nemesis, Doctor Simeon.

Doctor Who the series will return in 2013.

doctor-who-the-snowmen.jpg

p011sq35.jpg

snowmen11.jpg

snowmen10.jpg

snowmen18.jpg

snowmen23.jpg

snowmen25.jpg

snowmen27.jpg

snowmen37.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

Apparently there's a new Tardis interior on the way.

[Mod Edit]Links won't work in spoiler tags but here's the Image URL:[/Mod Edit]

http://i.imgur.com/h1mMr.jpg?1?9250

Officially released by the BBC btw, in case people think it's a sneaky spoiler-pic.

Apparently the console-room introduced for Moffat/Smiths run was a total pain to film in: there were lots of reflective surfaces that made it hard to avoid catching the crew in the reflection.

Advertisement