Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Palestinians shoot down Israeli F-16 fighter jet in Gaza.

Options
  • 16-11-2012 8:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭

Not sure how accurate this news is, if its true we will hear it from other sources, I would certainly not want to be to be about in Gaza.

Palestinian fighters have downed an Israeli warplane flying over the Gaza Strip as retaliatory rocket attacks from the enclave continue to sound alarms across Israel.

According to Hamas sources, the Israeli F-16 fighter jet was shot down on Friday.

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/2012/11/16/272691/israeli-f16-jet-shot-down-in-gaza/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭time lord

What Hamas wouldn't do to have that wreckage if true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

I'm sure the Palestinians have a few tricks up their sleeves besides the Qassam's so it could well be true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

It doesn't seem to be. All footage so far was taken in libya.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

A presstv link :rolleyes: . Typical runtodahills thread I'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Evidence?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

2 Israeli pilots captured by Palestinians.

Palestinian sources say they have captured two Israeli pilots amid escalation of violence against the Gaza Strip.

http://presstv.com/detail/2012/11/17/272783/2-israeli-pilots-captured-by-palestinians/

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Luca Brasi

When will the Palestinians ever learn ? There will never be an outright winner in this situation. Their future is with a negotiated settlement with Israel in which both parties agree concessions. The Palestine cause has been used by the dictators around the Middle East to distract their people from their own tyrannies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭theUbiq

If the Isrealis stopped bulldozing down Palestinian homes and allowed them to live normal lives in Gaza and the West Bank perhaps Hamas might not feel compelled to fire rockets into Isreal? I see Isreal as the aggressors in a problem created by Britain and the United States of Assholes.. If these two were to condemn all Isreali aggression there may be some chance of stopping what looks like escalating into a real war involving muslim brotherhood run nations.

[MOD] Watch your language and think before you decide to label an entire nation in this manner. Infraction earned.[/MOD]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

theUbiq wrote: »
    If the Isrealis stopped bulldozing down Palestinian homes and allowed them to live normal lives in Gaza and the West Bank perhaps Hamas might not feel compelled to fire rockets into Isreal? I see Isreal as the aggressors in a problem created by Britain and the United States of Assholes.. If these two were to condemn all Isreali aggression there may be some chance of stopping what looks like escalating into a real war involving muslim brotherhood run nations.

So you are calling over 300million people assholes. Have you met them all?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

theUbiq wrote: »

I sincerely doubt that an organisation which has called for the removal of all Jews would take peace with simply a stop to the violence.

Especially since the violence is their main reason for existence.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

So then, another fantasy from press.tv?

mike65 wrote: »
    So then, another fantasy from press.tv?

Nothing from a reputable source yet anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Be like Nutella

" Israel appears to be positioning itself for a ground operation, perhaps as early as the night of the 17th. "

http://www.stratfor.com/analysis/update-israel-gaza-conflict?utm_source=freelist-f&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=20121117&utm_term=IsraelGaza&utm_content=readmore&elq=c72dcbf10a6147ef8a4595edf45136f6

Israel appears to be positioning itself for a ground operation, perhaps as early as the night of Nov. 17.

Read more: Update on the Israel-Gaza Conflict | Stratfor

Since this seems to be the thread for it, those madcap Iranians are claiming that the King of Qatar is an Israeli spy http://www.presstv.ir/detail/2012/11/17/272801/qatar-emir-located-hamas-cmdrs/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭periodictable

Another viewpoint on Israel

Won't be very popular but some very truthful points.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

Another viewpoint on Israel

Won't be very popular but some very truthful points.

i fail to see the truth just racism and a gross simplification of the conflict in palestine

please elaborate....what in your personal experience of the conflict constitutes a "gross simplification"?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

just calling it jews v muslims is a simplification

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

[MOD]Careful now everyone, we are right on the edge of racism here so tread softly, I wont hesitate to hand out infractions or bans if anyone steps on a landmine.[/MOD]

Time to unfollow...

• Advertisement
Advertisement