Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

invoice

Options
  • 16-11-2012 8:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

HI,

Can I invoice a company I am working for if I am not registered as self employed with the Revenue?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Yes. But you must then declare the income on a form11.

You must not charge vat if you are not registered for vat.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 bob211

I understand. But what if I am on social welfare payment (Jobseekers Allowance) and this is only a one-time job (that i have to give invoice to get paid)?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Then you need to ask on the social welfare forum. I think that you are allowed to earn a small amount thru self-employment, so long as you declare it and are truthfully available for and seeking full-time employment - as per the conditions of JSA.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

You still need to declare it for income tax purposes - your earning money, you;ve to pay tax on it - simple.

Advertisement