Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cleaning Clearomiser Heads

Options
  • 16-11-2012 6:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭

Hi All

Been vaping a month & a half now.

Early on, I decided to go down the Clearomiser route.

I know that with use the heads get gunked up & have to be replaced.

I'm wondering; Can these be de-gunked/cleaned?
    If so, what's the best method?
    Would they be as good as new afterwards?

Thanks in advance.:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

you'll get a few different replies on what people do, but what i do is remove the head, give it a good rinse under the tap with warm water running full, GENTLY pat it with a bit of kitchen roll - so you don't move the coil/wick then remove the silicon cap bit GENTLY, put it back into the tank and with the top/mouthpiece still off, screw it on a battery and give it a few dry burns - just a few seconds at a time till the coil burns red and even. remove it and put the silicon bit back on - nother rinse, then let it sit and dry on a bit of kitchen roll. that's all i've ever done with the kangers and it seems to be working like a charm. everyone has their own methods though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭was.deevey

What I would normally do is:
    • Take off Silicone head
    • Place the heads and silicon cap in Boiling Vodka swish around a bit.
    • Then this
      put it back into the tank and with the top/mouthpiece still off, screw it on a battery and give it a few dry burns
    • Use a syringe filled with the boiling vodka to spray the wick/atty area and make sure its flushed, leave them for an hour or so to soak submerged in the alcohol.
    • Then do a second rinse in boiling water swish them around a bit, soak for a few mins, flush with syringe again and let them dry.
    • Then This again:
      put it back into the tank and with the top/mouthpiece still off, screw it on a battery and give it a few dry burns
    It really depends how gunked up they are TBH - some juices are just far worse at causing caramelizing (burned crap) on the coil/wick than others but I'd normally get 3 or 4 washes out of a head before its officially dead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

I avoid all dark coloured juices like the plague. Firstly, I find they taste too strong generally and secondly they really gunk up coils. Strawberry Lemonade is a real killer altogether actually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭kiffy

Strawberry Lemonade is a real killer altogether actually.
    I know I'm cleaning my T3 every day, don't care though it's bloody lovely :) will be trying the Strawberry Milkshake on Tuesday hope that is a goodun too.

Advertisement