Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

student spending

Options
  • 16-11-2012 6:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I would like to know how much money do students on average spend on takeaway food, I find it hard myself to eat out at all. and where does the money come from?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Nicole.

fwsy77 wrote: »
    I would like to know how much money do students on average spend on takeaway food, I find it hard myself to eat out at all. and where does the money come from?

Hi, I myself have only bought take out three times since I moved down to Cork for college in September so about 15 euro. I think sometimes people just mismanage their money, what I mean is they may need the amount of money that the get each week/month but they use it on things that they don't really need so consequently they lack things that they need and have many things that they don't really need.(I myself have fallen victim to that trap once or twice!) Food is needed but takeaway all the time is not possible. I also think students eating takeaway all the time is a sterotype that represents a small few.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 hostal3isking

i spend about 50 a week on breakfast and lunch and 52 for travel

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭AppleBottle

I don't really eat takeaway that much. I think since I went back to college I might have had it twice since I don't have the money. I try to minimise the amount of money I spend on food. This is why I bring my own lunch and water to college and rarely buy canteen food. My travel is expensive so I need to always make sure I have enough money for that each month and then if there are things I need for college.

Advertisement