Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone done PDE through BTE and how did they manage financially?

Options
  • 16-11-2012 4:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Hi on OPFP hoping to do PDE next year through BTE Back to Education. Has anyone done this and how did they manage with college fees and childcare fees? I'm just afraid I won't be able to make it work financially. I spoke to SUSI yesterday they said they will pay up to 50% of the fees so still leaves a lot to pay and childcare for year roughly working out at 3,600. Any help and advice appreciated. Cheers.confused.png
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Zara23

Hiya I'm not doing a PDE so I dont really know much about that but I was on OPFP and went onto the BTEA for college and I'm managing. It is tough but when you are on BTEA your are elibigle to apply to rent supplement as long as you fulfill the other requirements for RA. I also got my child into an after-school program that is funded by the Council. It's with the community development scheme and is called an after-school project. There are different prices depending on what your SW payment is but as I am in College and on the BTEA I only pay 5 euro per week for 2-6 Monday to Friday. You can't beat that! There is one of these projects in almost every county/area so look into it!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Balmom

Zara thanks for the reply. I know that I will have to pay 50% of tuition fees which will be at least 3,000-3,500 and also childcare for my son who will be 3 works out at 3,600 per year or 100 a week so that's what I meant about how someone managed financially. I'm glad it worked out for you. And thanks for letting me know about the after school programme maybe if I'm still in this situation when he starts school can look into it, thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Zara23

Have you looked into the ECCE scheme for playschool? Sorry I couldnt help more, don't know any ways around the fees either

Advertisement