Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows 7 Install count?

Options
  • 16-11-2012 1:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭

Hey all,

Went to backup my product keys to a hard copy today. Got two machines running Win7 64 Pro and one 32 Pro. All were sourced from MSDNAA. When I looked they all have the same key. Different PIDs obviously, but same key.

I thought MS did away with one key 3 installs years ago? Are these Dreamspark licences still doing it? Do I have more installs to play with?

Thanks,
    ED-E.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,925 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

negative, MSFT still uses 1 key per license.If your MSNAA license is good on 3 PCs, thats what it will run on.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Having a further dig, its Volume Key of the "MAK" variety. "Multiple Activation Key".

Downloaded the Volume activation management tool, it tells me its a retail key and remaining activations reads "<not available>". Fat load of good that does me.

Advertisement