Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MySQL keeps going down, server thinks I've no disk space

Options
  • 15-11-2012 8:33pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭

nEl2g.png
    As you can see, I hve a TB of space, so what is that part that's circled and how can I sort it out? I believe it is the reason my SQL goes down.

This is my SQL error

ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2) 

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

You have space in your "/home" partition.

Run the below;

sudo su
    mount
    df -h

This will tell you what partitions are mounted to and how much free space you have in each.
    nEl2g.png
    As you can see, I hve a TB of space, so what is that part that's circled and how can I sort it out? I believe it is the reason my SQL goes down.

This is my SQL error

ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

As above.

You've assigned the vast majority of the 1TB to /home. I'm guessing you also have a root partition on the rest? In that case, with all the system binaries and everything else, it's very likely MySQL is running out of space there.

Short of repartitioning, you could tweak the MySQL config file to locate its database files somewhere on your roomy home partition instead.

Advertisement