Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The budget, the budgies, the bulls#*t

Options
  • 15-11-2012 8:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭

So the budget rumours are starting again higher tax here there and everywhere I have two great problems here the governments over dependence on the social welfare vote to be re-elected, and there dependence on the rich vote the ordinary man is always screwed over, so my quick fix is as follows haha

#1 every person in this state receives money in some form wages pensions child benefit etc,

#2 my proposition is quite simple tax everyone a straight €5.00 per week. That's €260 per year for each of the approx 4.2-5m people in ireland I'm not goin to run through all the Maths and don't argue with me on the population figure it just a simple idea no stealth tax just throw it out in the open!!!!

Opinion?????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

Where do I send the fiver and does that mean I don't need to bother with the other stuff they look for now? Whoo-hoo, I like this idea.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭stmol32

stretchaq wrote: »
    .... the governments over dependence on the social welfare vote to be re-elected.....

Opinion?????

I'm pretty sure that's not a thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭stretchaq

Pottler wrote: »
    Where do I send the fiver and does that mean I don't need to bother with the other stuff they look for now? Whoo-hoo, I like this idea.:D
    Na it's withdrawn like income tax however it is taken from dole, pension etc.

stmol32 wrote: »

I'm pretty sure that's not a thing.
    Why never cut welfare then it is defiantly a thing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭9959

So the budget rumours are starting again higher tax here there and everywhere I have two great problems here the governments over dependence on the social welfare vote to be re-elected, and there dependence on the rich vote the ordinary man is always screwed over, so my quick fix is as follows haha

#1 every person in this state receives money in some form wages pensions child benefit etc,

#2 my proposition is quite simple tax everyone a straight €5.00 per week. That's €260 per year for each of the approx 4.2-5m people in ireland I'm not goin to run through all the Maths and don't argue with me on the population figure it just a simple idea no stealth tax just throw it out in the open!!!!

Opinion?????

You're not by any chance a sub-editor on a tabloid?
    I couldn't help but notice the eye-catching 'budgies' in your thread heading.
    Imagine my disappointment on reading your opening post to find no mention at all of the loveable little creatures. Instead, I get conjecture and supposition as to what may, or may not, be contained in the next budget of our beloved government, followed by a badly thought-out proposition that even a simpleton like myself would recognise as sheer folly.
    No mention of Budgies whatsoever, zilch, nada, nothing, sweet Fanny Adams.
    I love budgies, but don't like you very much at all, because you sir, are a fraud and a trickster.
    Good day to you.

• Advertisement

Na it's withdrawn like income tax however it is taken from dole pension etc
    Shyte, I don't have a dole pension. Do I have to start one to avail of this scheme? I wonder do BOI do Dole pensions?

9959 wrote: »

You're not by any chance a sub-editor on a tabloid?
    I couldn't help but notice the eye-catching 'budgies' in your thread heading.
    Imagine my disappointment on reading your opening post to find no mention at all of the loveable little creatures. Instead, I get conjecture and supposition as to what may, or may not, be contained in the next budget of our beloved government, followed by a badly thought-out proposition that even a simpleton like myself would recognise as sheer folly.
    No mention of Budgies whatsoever, zilch, nada, nothing, sweet Fanny Adams.
    I love budgies, but don't like you very much at all, because you sir, are a fraud and a trickster.
    Good day to you.

What's it feel like riding around on that high horse all day? Was just an idea?

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Retrovertigo

Excellent idea, OP. Tax everyone a fiver a week regardless of whether they are on social welfare or in a high paying job.

COUNTRY SAVED. OP FOR TAOISEACH!

Excellent idea, OP. Tax everyone a fiver a week regardless of whether they are on social welfare or in a high paying job.

COUNTRY SAVED. OP FOR TAOISEACH!
    On top of the existing tax system of course, with this level of votes I will soon be a bigger political party than sinn fein

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭9959

What's it feel like riding around on that high horse all day? Was just an idea?

But you rattled my cage!

• Advertisement

9959 wrote: »

But you rattled my cage!

Nice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Casillas

Why dont they ever cut the dole wah wah wah! They have done constantly welfare rates, rent allowance, fuel allowance etc. have all been cut. Everbody working or not is being taxed and cut, stop buying into these divide and conquer distractions.

Casillas wrote: »
    Why dont they ever cut the dole wah wah wah! They have done constantly welfare rates, rent allowance, fuel allowance etc. have all been cut. Everbody working or not is being taxed and cut, stop buying into these divide and conquer distractions.

The dole in this country has not being cut near to the extent it should be rent allowance way to much and the dole is way to high, I have being on it and agree with its level for a time frame 3-5 months maybe,at this point it should be reduced and reduced again after another 6 months, I have no problem with genuine unemployed I do however have a problem with people who have no intrest in getting a job and spend there whole lives on the dole forgive the punctuality or lack of I'm on the phone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

Its a nice idea but 4.5 million people of which 1 million are probaly under the age that is allowed to work or earn an income. Then you got prisoners in jail who only earn lol 5 euro a week means no more money for them ;) which id have no issues with.

On top of the existing tax system of course, with this level of votes I will soon be a bigger political party than sinn fein
    You Sir have misled me and others and I am hereby withdrawing my support for your scheme and bid you good day. I shall also be instructing lawfolk to seek redress for mental stress and anguish caused by false hope-raising. I shall see you in cork, sorry, coutts.

Advertisement