Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Grade query

• 15-11-2012 4:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 106 ✭✭

For students of the college I am just wondering from your experience what is considered a good grade? I am a second year student and have not received any marks back from CAs so far this year. Feedback from last years CAs was mixed at the time with some students being elated at gaining over 50% for a CA whilst others were disappointed with a grade of 75%.. I know that may also be a reflection on the students own abilities but what is the general consensus in relation to what is considered a good grade?

Thanks,

Prettyfireworks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 378 ✭✭brendanL

I'd say 100% is pretty good... ?

It helps to be realistic, if you submit something half assed / or didn't have time / just couldn't manage some bits... I think most people accept this when it happens and know what grade they'd be at least happy with.

If you feel you got short changed on some CA.. ask the lecturer about it, it's a win win situation, they might not have noticed something elaborate you did ... or at the very least tell you something you missed out on / do wrong. That way your ready to not do that next time...

Realistically, CA is gold dust.. treat it as such... get all.. or nearly all the CA you can. For a 50% CA / 50% exam subject you can walk into the exam having already passed on CA and now your just fighting for a good grade.

So yeah back to the question :D about 45 or greater of 50 CA is good in my mind. You can be much more relaxed for the exams. 20 or less of CA from a total of 50, is bad news, it actually means you really need to do well in the exam just to pass. I think a students CA ties in with their attendance, if the CA is low they've probably missed a few lectures/labs... which doesn't bode well come exam time.

Advertisement