Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Co. VEC

Options
  • 15-11-2012 1:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭

:confused: What's going on with them?

Got my first payment last month and was expecting the second one last week. Rang them and was told literally they haven't a balls notion when the next payments will be going out as they're currently processing them :confused: I'm processed and received first payment last month.

Never had a problem like this in my previous years. The previous years were paid in three installments but they switched to monthly this year. No warning about a possible late payment or nothing which makes it very difficult for someone budgeting bills etc around this.

Anyone else or other counties having a similar problem?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭AppleBottle

When I was dealing with the VEC's for the past three years, it would have been paid near the end of the month. It started off with like the last Friday of the month and as the months went on, it soon became the first Friday in June when I'd get my last one. If you contact your grants office, they could have a list of dates for payments. Ours did last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mint Aero

I see, yea I contacted them...that's what surprised me is that they didn't know when the next payments would be. I'd hate to be guessing every month as to when it might come in but if they managed a last Friday of the month situation like you're saying I'll find that manageable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭AppleBottle

I was dealing with Dublin and it was the Friday like I said. It did mean I could budget a lot better when I knew the dates. My college had a list posted for the students so they could know. A bit of a joke when the staff don't know the dates. But, someone from CIT (I think) posted a couple of weeks that the dates on the college website was 23rd of November and 21st of December. Not sure if this is 100% true though.

Advertisement