Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help please choosing network & bill pay new phone

Options
  • 15-11-2012 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭

Hi all.

my mobile has finally given up the shost and I need to order a new one. I have always been pay-as-you-go but for the first time I'm thinking of going billl pay.

Currently I spend on average 30 / 40 euros a month on credit.
    I use my mobile for calls, texts, photo's. I do not go online much as we have a PC at home.

I like the idea of upgrading to an iPhone, (anyone who has one seems to rave about it :rolleyes:) Buying one outright is too expensive for me at the moment.

The best deal I can see on billpay for iPhone 5 32 GB is with Meteor - 199euro to buy, 45euro a month, 200 mins calls, 200 txts and 5GB data.

Does this seem like a good deal - Is anyone else on a better package with anyother network?

I guess I am wary of committing to another direct debit each month so am trying to ensure from you, the public, that this is the best deal to be found rather than each network sales rep :)

Your opinions are appreciated, and anyother recommendations too, thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭MajorMax

I'm almost at the end of a 24 month contract with 3

If I was you I'd go for the plan below
    Classic Flex Max - €40.66
    iphone 5 16 Gb €139
    iphone 5 32 Gb €239
    iphone 5 64 Gb €339

350 flexi units (1 Call or 2 texts)
    Free Three-to-Three calls.
    All you can eat data (15Gb monthly cap)
    Option for a free add on. I chose texts which gives you an additional 150 texts per month (Although this doesn't seem to be free anymore)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Plek Trum

Sounds good Major Max, I'll check that out. My only reservation is that we have a mobile dongle interenet with 3 and it can be quite hit and miss where we are (no internet connection last few days!) Will certainly look though, appreciate it ;)

Advertisement