Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish National Army Census 1922

Options
  • 15-11-2012 12:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

Nice to see the Irish National Army Census from 1922 is now online. I have been trying to trace a relative who was a serving soldier in Nov 1923 in Collins Barracks when he got married.
    Now my problem is that I do not know what Corp he served in. Also The Royal Barracks as it was known then was not handed over till December '22 a month after the census was taken.
    My question is does anyone know what Battalion took possesion of the Royal (Later renamed Collins) when the British moved out.
    I'm looking for a Christopher Halpin. Rank and corp unknown. Married to Ellen Byrne in Nov 1923.
    Thanks in advance for any help.
    Joe

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭IrishLad2012

Dalcassian wrote: »
    Nice to see the Irish National Army Census from 1922 is now online. I have been trying to trace a relative who was a serving soldier in Nov 1923 in Collins Barracks when he got married.
    Now my problem is that I do not know what Corp he served in. Also The Royal Barracks as it was known then was not handed over till December '22 a month after the census was taken.
    My question is does anyone know what Battalion took possesion of the Royal (Later renamed Collins) when the British moved out.
    I'm looking for a Christopher Halpin. Rank and corp unknown. Married to Ellen Byrne in Nov 1923.
    Thanks in advance for any help.
    Joe

Do you have a link for this online resource?

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Dalcassian

Advertisement