Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extended Warrenty-Harvey Norman

Options
  • 15-11-2012 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi Guys

Wondering if anyone can offer some advice or has had a similar issue.
    Ok so bought new Tv in Feb 09 with extended 5 year warranty.

Nov 2010: TV has to be sent for repair and has main board repaired, everything grand warranty has it covered.
    Nov 2012: TV sent for repair again, this time they say they cant repair it but will provide me with store credit to get a replacement but they will deduct the price of the original main board replacement off of it.

Tv Price: €660
    Main board replacement: €281

So this leave me with €379 of store credit to get a new TV, I've looked on the website and I cant see any Samsung TV with same spec and size for that price, and it states that under extended warranty that if they cant fix it they will replace it like for like spec for spec.

Surely it cant be fair that they are basically charging me for repair of the tv even tho it was under extended warranty. Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

Refuse their offer. Do it in writing.

Even without an extended warranty, they should have replaced a main board that failed within 2 years.

Did you pay for the extended warranty? If you did, then I would seek either:
    - a full refund, including the cost of the extended warranty, or
    - a replacement with a television of similar specification, regardless of current price.

Tell them that you are confident that the Small Claims Court would back your position.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

OP - don't buy extended warranties. You would have had footing to get the TV repaired or replace even now if it was only bought in 2009. Don't listen to this rubbish about 12 month warranties.

+1 on the Small Claims Court - I personally would give them ten days and hope they let you go ahead, you'll get the value of the TV + the warranty and be able to buy a TV God would be jealous of.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭sparksfly

board I se wrote: »
    Hi Guys

Wondering if anyone can offer some advice or has had a similar issue.
    Ok so bought new Tv in Feb 09 with extended 5 year warranty.

Nov 2010: TV has to be sent for repair and has main board repaired, everything grand warranty has it covered.
    Nov 2012: TV sent for repair again, this time they say they cant repair it but will provide me with store credit to get a replacement but they will deduct the price of the original main board replacement off of it.

Tv Price: €660
    Main board replacement: €281

So this leave me with €379 of store credit to get a new TV, I've looked on the website and I cant see any Samsung TV with same spec and size for that price, and it states that under extended warranty that if they cant fix it they will replace it like for like spec for spec.

Surely it cant be fair that they are basically charging me for repair of the tv even tho it was under extended warranty. Any ideas?

That is absolutele disgraceful and illegal behavour on their part.
    Previous posts are spot on with their advice.

Advertisement