Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Food after the match

Options
  • 15-11-2012 9:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭

I'm going to the Ireland match in Thomond this weekend with a few friends. Where's good to go in the city centre for food afterwards? I'm thinking more good pub food rather than a restaurant. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭black & white

Dolans on the Dock Road, The Baily or O'Connells/Old Quarter in the city do grub until fairly late.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,758 ✭✭✭Comhrá

I think the Woodfield House Hotel on the Ennis Road serves hot food up to around 9.30pm. It's just about 20 mins. walk from Thomond Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭trinz23

Right beside the Woodfield is the Ardhu Bar, the do pub grub, have only ever had soup and a sambo there but have heard good things about their evening food

• Registered Users Posts: 10 AaronJack

the curragower bar on clancy strand is nice

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Beaver1

go to papa ginos for a pizza, then your near all the pubs in town.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭macgabhs

Thanks folks I've a few options to think about.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭trinz23

Well....where did you end up going?

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭macgabhs

Ended up heading for pizza in Milanos. There was 8 of us in the end so we didn't like our chance of getting a table in a pub. Thanks for all the suggestions. On a side note it was bleedin' baltic at the match!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

macgabhs wrote: »
    Ended up heading for pizza in Milanos. There was 8 of us in the end so we didn't like our chance of getting a table in a pub. Thanks for all the suggestions. On a side note it was bleedin' baltic at the match!

It was! Haven't been that cold in a long time!

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Beaver1

Lads Thomond Park is always like the Baltic, even with the heaters on in the stand its freezing, I went there in the middle of a nice sunny day and a cold breeze was going throught the stand.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I used to do a bit of stewarding there. Gloves were a necessity all year round! Still love the place though.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭gflann

No matter what temp it is in Limerick, it is always 7-10 degrees colder in Thomond Park :)

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭L.T.P.

Twas designed that way to freeze the nads off the opposition :)

Advertisement