Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many years has it taken you to get your medications right?

Options
  • 15-11-2012 8:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I have a number of neurological issues including epilepsy, depression, cognitive abilities and I'm also blessed with aspergers.

Many of my conditions have only been diagnosed in the last few years although I have been trying to treat one for years.

At the moment about 6 years for depression.
    Nearly two and a half years for epilepsy.
    Cognitive functioning issues are about three and a half.
    Aspergers is a relatively new diagnosis and while not treatable like other mental type problems due to the major differences, it is a double edged sword which gives people unique abilities! The reason I have put it here is because I believe it has made treating other issues more complicated especially in the identification of feelings making the psychological connection with both types of mental health doctors to understand what is going on.

I think I am only getting to a stage now that the end of the line can be seen, assuming of course that I don't have a flop out.

After two adjustments of Effexor in recent times (I might just say that I have had excellent results with this one) I am now going to be most likely looking at adding Risperdal next month which I look forward to.

Advertisement