Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Confusion over sum awarded

Options
  • 15-11-2012 2:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

This is the first year I've had to deal with any stresses related to obtaining a grant and as a final year student, stress is the last thing I need.

In light of mass confusion and overlapping on certain threads, I simply wish to know (or even be told where to find the find the information) how much I am being awarded by SUSI. I received my letter today stating that I have been awarded - Full Maintenance and 100% Fees Non Adjacent; Maintenance Grant: €1,215. To be honest, I'm just thankful that I've gotten something, but is the above figure the exact amount I will receive, or does the 100% Fees correlate to any other kind of payment?

Any useful response will be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭iiHyPeRize

Basically you'll receive that 1,215 over 9 months, roughly 150 a month and all your college fees payed. Just for the record, make sure you check it again Full maintenance non-adjacent should be 3000 not 1200, the 1200 rate is the adjacent, you should ring them to clear that up. http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/education/third_level_education/fees_and_supports_for_third_level_education/maintenance_grant_schemes_for_students_on_third_level_courses.html

• Registered Users Posts: 40,980 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

If you are getting 100% maintenance at the non adjacent rate that means you should be getting 3025 maintenance NOT 1215 - 1215 is the adjacent rate.

Ring SUSI straight away to check this out.

How it works is this

SUSI pay the 2250 student contribution fee direct to the college

They pay you a maintenance grant. In this case if you are getting a grant of 100% non adjacent, that grant should equal to 3025

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement