Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it difficult to be accepted for erasmus?

Options
  • 15-11-2012 12:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Im looking at doing an erasmus year, next year. Two friends are also thinking of it (maybe just one friend) and we want to go to the same University.

Would it be difficult for two people from NUIM to get into the same University?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Yakuza42

Hi Dylan,

There should be somebody from your department called an 'international coordinator' who is the designated person for handling Erasmus matters. If you contact them they will let you know what the story is specifically for your course but for me, (coming from DIT to study in Aarhus, Denmark), we had to have an average mark of above 50% across all our subjects to be eligible, and then, depending on how competitive your year was, the higher the better.

DIT approved both myself and a classmate who applied with me for the same Erasmus place, but in the end it was only me that was offered the place; due not necessarily to the system, but to the fact that it was also a portfolio/CV based application and they were only taking one student from DIT.

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Absolute Zero

DylanII wrote: »
    Hi,

Im looking at doing an erasmus year, next year. Two friends are also thinking of it (maybe just one friend) and we want to go to the same University.

Would it be difficult for two people from NUIM to get into the same University?

Thanks

I am in Utrecht University in Netherlands. There is 4 Nuim students here at this moment. I think it may depend on size of university also. I only had to pass my exams to be eligible. They make you put down a second university on your Erasmus form though just in case.

Advertisement