Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would this table fit......?

Options
  • 14-11-2012 11:43pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 63 ✭✭

Howya.

I'm lookin to get a Pool table in and have my eye on a beauty but I'm worried it wouldn't fit the room.

The room I want to stick it in measures 12 x 8, yet the table measures 6 x 3. I'll be clearing out the room in a couple days to see what it's like when it's totally empty to see if it's an adequate size but I'd like to know in advance whether or not I'm wasting my time.

Cheers.

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,592 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

With nothing else in the room, and the table centred perfectly, that would give you 2 and a half feet clearance along 2 sides, which would not be enough to get a standard pool cue (which I believe to be just under 5 feet in length) attempting to hit the ball close to the cushion at right angles to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

The room will be too small. You need 5ft around all sides of the table. For example, the recommended room size for a standard snooker table (12ft x 6ft) is 22ft x 16ft.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Or else just use the jump cue only.

Advertisement