Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crazy Obsessed with a Celebrity *HELP*

Options
  • 14-11-2012 11:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi, i'm new on here. I am almost 22 years old and I feel like i've lost control of my life.
    I have a hopeless crush on a male celebrity for almost a year now. (It isnt the first time this has happened.) I first saw him on a reality show and started to really like him. I found myself looking up his pictures, looking at interviews and videos. I even watched the whole series from the start. But i relalised I had a problem when I would spend hours on a daily basis thinking about him. I couldnt even have a conversation without him popping into my head.
    I seen a picture on his ex girlfriends facebook (yes, im so f**ked up that I stalked his gf) and they were kissing; I cried my eyes out and was snaping at everyone all day. Eventually i said enough was enough and deleted anything and everything to do with him on my computer. I fought the urge to look up his name and tried my best to not think about him. After awhile it started to fade.
    But its after coming back again, and its worse. I wont talk to any boys because I feel like nobody will ever come close to him. He's perfect in my eyes.
    I wont tell anybody about this, its a big secret and i'm so ashamed.
    I'm basically in love with my imaginary boyfriend.
    I'm way to old to get away with this crap. Its not like I'm a 14 year old girl obsessed with a boyband. Thats normal. This is UNHEALTHY.
    Please tell me i'm not alone? What can do to stop this?!
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭mtjm

Hi

People can be obsessed with male/female celebrities as long as it don't get out of hand. your young so it's innocent enough to have a huge crush on this said person, I've been there with few female celebrities and even at one stage I felt like she was the one, but you soon know enough it's just fantasy, to be honest sometimes meeting your idol isn't all it's cracked up to be and can leave you disapointed

I wish you all the best though

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭gypsy_rose

Hi OP, I was exactly the same as you not so long ago, was obsessed with a male celeb too, even wrote him tweets all the time that he never responded to :P turns out I just felt a bit of a hole in my life cos I was kind of lonely, once I started making more friends and got a boyfriend I stopped thinking about him, maybe there's something missing in your life and that's how it's manifesting itself? Sorry for the pop psychology! On the other hand it can be kind of good because it means you have an established type and can go find them in real life! My advice: see your friends more and try to meet some guys ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭tony81

Given your age, it's probably not that uncommon. However, if it's really as bad as you described it's probably not particularly healthy. Can you ban yourself from the internet and magazines for a few weeks and try to get a grip on what's important in your life? (hint: it's not the celebrity)

Have a read of this article, it might help you to understand what you're going through. http://www.examiner.com/article/celebrity-worship-syndrome-can-be-a-dangerous-addiction

Advertisement