Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows Explorer has stopped working

Options
  • 14-11-2012 7:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭

Windows Explorer has stopped working, I get this message randomly sometimes every minute, has been happening the past 3 days. I don't know what is wrong or what to do.

I have been looking at other threads with people with the same error so I done the event thing and got this:

Faulting application name: explorer.exe, version: 6.1.7601.17567, time stamp: 0x4d672ee4
    Faulting module name: atiumd64.dll, version: 9.14.10.926, time stamp: 0x5064fc85
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x000000000019088b
    Faulting process id: 0xf34
    Faulting application start time: 0x01cdc29584fb89af
    Faulting application path: C:\Windows\explorer.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\atiumd64.dll
    Report Id: 32bd305a-2e89-11e2-805e-485b3931e99a

Any input on what I need to do guys?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Have you installed any software lately ? Can you boot into safemode ?

After some quick Googling it looks like this problem is mostly caused by Graphics card setting, have you changed these recently ?

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭gamer_Niall

I don't believe I have.

I am still having this problem, it happens when I start an online fps game I've played this game for years and it has never happened be for.

When I start the game it changes the colour scheme to windows basic, then I start having the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,917 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Have you rebooted the system at all in the last few days?

I tried to install a system utility and clicked "Restart Later"... didn't take too long before I kept getting explorer type crashes, apparently the software was trying to autorun but hadn't completed it's setup.

atiumd64.dll is part of the ATI video driver. Could be a driver issue or video card fault, probably the former.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭gamer_Niall

I think it's one of the updates windows has installed, because I restored and everything was fine then windows updated now it's back :/

• Advertisement
Advertisement