Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three Broadband Outages, Knockanaffrin

Options
  • 14-11-2012 7:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Over the past few weeks despite a good signal strength mine and my neighbours three broadband has been suffering frequent dropouts.

36 hours ago Internet service was virtually nil. Yesterday afternoon after confirming my neighbours system was down also and having proved my equipment I dialled 1913 to inform three.

Customer support in India told me that they were not aware of any site problems.

I was asked to perform loads of unnecessary tests with them which involved using two routers, reinstalling a repeater which I haven't used for a year since some trees were cut around the mast which improved the signal somewhat. After 45 mins and my complaining that having used two routers and two pay as you go phones with all you can eat data, no devices had Internet access, the support guy conceded that there may be a site fault.

An hour later my neighbour complains about her devices on two broadband packages she has. Despite my having made three aware of a fault she was asked to try her equipment in different rooms, asked if she was surrounded by mountains and trees etc.

As an ex BT engineer I am appalled at the quality of support given, the support guys seem to be reading a tick list.

Service appears to have been restored just an hour or so ago!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 TXE2

Update, had a nice call from a man at three who promised to pass on feedback of the issues raised by myself with regards to unnecessary testing. Also I raised issue of how broadband speeds are too slow for YouTube, and I player and video streaming.

The National Broadband Scheme whilst a great improvement on dial up, still leaves a lot to be desired in terms of speed. As usual the country suffers perhaps due to lack of commercial interest and lack of competition.

I would be 100 percent happy with NBS if the streaming issue was fixed. Perhaps 4g should be rolled out on the NBS first as a condition of granting licences

• Registered Users Posts: 3 TXE2

Another outage. Started playing up late last night. Very intermittent from 0800 today, completely dead from 1030 to around 1700. No signal on broadband or mobile phones.

Three support very apologetic and helpful. Only complaint I was qued for around 20 mins.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

complain to the NBS helpdesk in the DCENR. You are supposed to have a minimum speed guarantee.

Advertisement