Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NES Help.

Options
  • 14-11-2012 5:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭

I hope this is in the right forum.

I just bought a NES on Adverts but can't get it to work.
    I've hooked it up to my tv using a video tutorial on Youtube but all i get is a white screen.

The seller assures me that it was tested before he sent it to me and that it was working 100%.

Any ideas on what i might be doing wrong?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Are you using an RF video cable? Are you sure the tv is tuned in correctly? If you have a spare set of av leads somewhere {the yellow & white ones}, you'll see the NES has the ports for them at the side of the console, try them on the av channel on your tv.

Also, NES games/carts/cart loading mechanism is notorious for bad connections, causing no picture/flashing power led. Clean the cart connectors with a qtip & try again

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

+1 enternow

try holding down the game in it and see if it comes on too, might need a new 72pin connector and removal of the region pin can sometimes fix that grey screen too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

Yup. I have the red and yellow connectors in the side of the console and the other red and yellow into my tv but still giving me a grey screen when i select AV on the tv. The RF connector is plugged in too.

Yup. I have the red and yellow connectors in the side of the console and the other red and yellow into my tv but still giving me a grey screen when i select AV on the tv. The RF connector is plugged in too.

You can remove the rf connector if your using the av cables. Sounds like its not a tv issue anyway so either:

1) Cart connectors are dity
    2) Console connector is dirty
    3) The 72pin connector needs to be replaced

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

I've hooked it up to my tv using a video tutorial on Youtube but all i get is a white screen.

A white hole screen?

(sorry, couldn't resist)

• Advertisement

Got it sorted. Cheers folks !

Got it sorted. Cheers folks !

What was wrong?

I just moved the game cartridges about a bit and they started working so i presume it was a connection problem.

Advertisement