Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deferring Final year during semester fees

Options
  • 14-11-2012 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi,

I completed my Ordinary Degree and got a Distinction from Athlone Institute of Technology and I am now currently doing my add on year level 8 at Tralee but I have decided I either have to leave or defer this year due to family reasons.

As I am in the middle of the first semester and am only temporarily registered due to SUSI taking forever with the grants, if I leave now and cancel my grant application, will I have to pay college part of the registration fee for the time I was there.

If I return to Tralee or another college next year will I have to pay the course fees(HEA) for the first semester, If so does anyone have any idea how much the fees will be?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 DG22

Im in the same boat... what did you do afterwards..

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Niallerz

I Deferred the year so I can go back next year if I want.

I cancelled my grant so I can still get it next year.

The college told me I will probably have to pay for tuition fees for 1 Semester and that they would be about 700 euro.

Im going to try get a job but applied for social welfare in the mean time.

Advertisement