Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB want to renegotiate a loan agreement

Options
  • 14-11-2012 4:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

I have a student loan with AIB and I have already signed the loan agreements with them aswell as my guarantor. They have now contacted me saying the Value of the total repayments is not right, and they want me to sign a new loan agreement increasing the value. I am very suspicious as the agreements have already been signed and if i refuse to sign the a new agreement what can they do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭mitosis

Has the loan been completed? That is, do you have the money? How is this a rip-off?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Patch85

mitosis wrote: »
    Has the loan been completed? That is, do you have the money? How is this a rip-off?

Ya its not a rip off apologies for that i posted this with the wrong headline. But my question still stands and to answer yours yes I have got the money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

not sure if the "cooling off period" applies to both parties, but I would play hardball and refuse to sign another one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭xpletiv

As would I; I dont think they can legally force you to do this. Stick to your guns.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭mitosis

Patch85 wrote: »
    Ya its not a rip off apologies for that i posted this with the wrong headline. But my question still stands and to answer yours yes I have got the money.

As they have an agreement in place and completed the transaction, I say f' them. Unless it's somewhere in the small print.

• Advertisement
Advertisement