Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The New Stuff I Got Thread

Options
  • 14-11-2012 4:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭

Inspired by a thread on SuperheroHype this is a thread for us comic lovers to discuss new stuff that you're looking to get and also show the new stuff you've just gotten, be it single issues, long sought after back issues, figurines even free lego from The Sun :P.

This week I've picked up
    481649_4963929622906_2044835336_n.jpg
    184912_4963928582880_481736240_n.jpg

Also made it to the Paolo Rivera signing in FP and managed to get my books signed and a free sketch
    579082_4950562728742_1987889432_n.jpg

So boardsies, get sharing :D

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Hmm, now that you mention it the "what are you reading" thread is getting a bit long in the tooth (I think it was started around the same time I joined boards!). Let's keep this going as a new one and I'll close off the old thread with a link to this later on.

I got some stuff I bought a while back earlier this week, including a sketched-in copy of The Mire by Becky Cloonan (yay!) and my copy of Stray Lines from the magnificent Paddy Lynch & co. Haven't had time to read them yet but looking forward to doing so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

Fysh wrote: »
    Hmm, now that you mention it the "what are you reading" thread is getting a bit long in the tooth (I think it was started around the same time I joined boards!). Let's keep this going as a new one and I'll close off the old thread with a link to this later on.

I got some stuff I bought a while back earlier this week, including a sketched-in copy of The Mire by Becky Cloonan (yay!) and my copy of Stray Lines from the magnificent Paddy Lynch & co. Haven't had time to read them yet but looking forward to doing so.

Cool stuff :D

Anyone pick up the new Thor series as part of Marvel NOW? It was amazing. I really love where they're going with this

• Registered Users Posts: 28,803 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Ah, I was looking for somewhere I could mention this. I'm a few weeks behind with my comics, so was reading the latest Superman. Was hilarious when
    He was knocked all the way to Ireland, and when he was told where he was he replied "I'm in Europe?". Why didn't he just pull down a map and point out to all the readers where Ireland and Europe were in relation to America, Team America style?
    But the best part was that he landed on an oil field in Ireland. I know I'm not the most up to date on real world happenings, but when did we get oil fields? :) Then he goes and uses his heat vision to light the oil. Maybe that's the reason we don't have oil.

I know comics aren't real, but surely a wee bit of research could go a long way.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Ah, I was looking for somewhere I could mention this. I'm a few weeks behind with my comics, so was reading the latest Superman. Was hilarious when
    He was knocked all the way to Ireland, and when he was told where he was he replied "I'm in Europe?". Why didn't he just pull down a map and point out to all the readers where Ireland and Europe were in relation to America, Team America style?
    But the best part was that he landed on an oil field in Ireland. I know I'm not the most up to date on real world happenings, but when did we get oil fields? :) Then he goes and uses his heat vision to light the oil. Maybe that's the reason we don't have oil.

I know comics aren't real, but surely a wee bit of research could go a long way.

haha oh my word i'm nearly wettin myself laughing with that:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:
    Has the writing on Superman really gone that bad...i havent read any of the the new 52

• Registered Users Posts: 28,394 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Thwip! wrote: »
    haha oh my word i'm nearly wettin myself laughing with that:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:
    Has the writing on Superman really gone that bad...i havent read any of the the new 52

The Batman series seems to be getting some good reviews so far, have been looking out for it myself but can only see the Hardback version online. Is Marvel Now just Marvel's version of the New 52?

• Advertisement

Turtyturd wrote: »

The Batman series seems to be getting some good reviews so far, have been looking out for it myself but can only see the Hardback version online. Is Marvel Now just Marvel's version of the New 52?
    well no as apparently new 52 is a reboot whereas marvel now isnt. The stories are just progressing on from AvX with new creative teams on the books. A lor of them have been great so far... esp Thor and Uncanny Avengers

People i know who've bought say they prefer the marvel now except fr some of them double shipping. I camt honestly pick seeing as i havent tried New 52

New comic book day :)

534677_10200125829015342_2126212631_n.jpg
    600154_10200125828935340_1090439570_n.jpg
    542787_10200125829295349_478906800_n.jpg

306041_10200140664306215_678749960_n.jpg

Advertisement