Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CEO / Managing Director of Meteor

Options
  • 14-11-2012 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Can anyone tell me who is the CEO or Managing Director of Meteor Mobile as I need to write a letter of complaint to him or her (as their Customer Service Department do not return cals as they promise nor do they actually resolve issues when I call them)

Ive searched the interwideweb but cannot find his or her name.

So if anyone knows Id appreciate his or her name and address please and thank you.

Regards

Iba

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Just forward your issue to ComReg it would probably be quicker. You're not guaranteed any reply out of the CEO either even if you do manage to find them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Sundance_Kid

I think Meteor are part of the Eircom group so you could try there.

To be honest I was with them and they are a terrible shower to deal with, their customer service is getting worse.

I'm delighted I left them a few weeks back after being with them for years.

If you can't get an email address for anybody of importance just post up your complaint for all to see on facebook and also there is a Meteor representative on boards.ie

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1558

All I can say is if you are not a satisfied customer move, there is plenty of choice out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭iba

Kensington wrote: »
    Just forward your issue to ComReg it would probably be quicker. You're not guaranteed any reply out of the CEO either even if you do manage to find them.

Thank you for your suggestion

I think Meteor are part of the Eircom group so you could try there.

To be honest I was with them and they are a terrible shower to deal with, their customer service is getting worse.

I'm delighted I left them a few weeks back after being with them for years.

If you can't get an email address for anybody of importance just post up your complaint for all to see on facebook and also there is a Meteor representative on boards.ie

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1558

All I can say is if you are not a satisfied customer move, there is plenty of choice out there.

Thank you for your input - problem about moving is that I still find them to be cheaper than both Vodafone and O2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Sundance_Kid

iba wrote: »
    Thank you for your input - problem about moving is that I still find them to be cheaper than both Vodafone and O2

What about 3 mobile or Tesco Mobile?

3 mobile do for €20 prepay a month, free texts and calls to all 3 numbers, free texts to all networks, free weekend calls to all all networks and as much data as you want.

So all your paying for is midweek calls to people not on 3 - not a bad deal at all if you dont make to many midweek calls.

• Advertisement

What about 3 mobile or Tesco Mobile?

3 mobile do for €20 prepay a month, free texts and calls to all 3 numbers, free texts to all networks, free weekend calls to all all networks and as much data as you want.

So all your paying for is midweek calls to people not on 3 - not a bad deal at all if you dont make to many midweek calls.

Thanks for that sundance

• Registered Users Posts: 5 JohnnyBoy626

After failing to get any response from Meteor on a refund due to me I found out the name of someone on the Board of Directors at Meteor, He is Paul Michael Donovan.Hopefully he might respond. That said I'm not holding my breath. Will try ComReg as well.
    Their Customer Care Centre should be renamed " Customer, Couldn't Care Less Centre".

• Registered Users Posts: 4 PrivateAcc

After failing to get any response from Meteor on a refund due to me I found out the name of someone on the Board of Directors at Meteor, He is Paul Michael Donovan.Hopefully he might respond. That said I'm not holding my breath. Will try ComReg as well.
    Their Customer Care Centre should be renamed " Customer, Couldn't Care Less Centre".

Speaking as a former employee of their customer support center it is without doubt the worst call centre I have ever worked in. Its all about getting customers off the phone asap. We had Average handling time (AHT) which is a target of approx 3 minutes per call. Employees who cannot reach this target will loose their job eventually. This in my opinion is why it seems like support staff dont want to help because our boss' dont want us to.

PS I never saw any of the actual meteor staff, they met in a boardroom downstairs, and Im not sure if they have ever walked in the door.

Meteor and E-Mobile are cheap for a reason

• Registered Users Posts: 28,729 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Kensington wrote: »

ComReg have no authority or ability to make any judgments or recommendations. All they can do is ensure your complaint is dealt with by the company.

How they deal with it, or what resolution is offered though, is entirely up to the company

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

You're right to try to find a name, I absolutely lucked out a few years ago..the then CEO Stephen Beynon was on twitter and I tweeted him that I had an issue. Got it resolved and then some ;) Alas he's moved on now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

PrivateAcc wrote: »
    Speaking as a former employee of their customer support center it is without doubt the worst call centre I have ever worked in. Its all about getting customers off the phone asap. We had Average handling time (AHT) which is a target of approx 3 minutes per call. Employees who cannot reach this target will loose their job eventually. This in my opinion is why it seems like support staff dont want to help because our boss' dont want us to.

PS I never saw any of the actual meteor staff, they met in a boardroom downstairs, and Im not sure if they have ever walked in the door.

Meteor and E-Mobile are cheap for a reason

AHT of 3 minutes :eek: I wouldn't last long!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

PrivateAcc wrote: »
    We had Average handling time (AHT) which is a target of approx 3 minutes per call. Employees who cannot reach this target will loose their job eventually.

They never heard of the SMART principal for KPI's did they.... I write systems design to analyse contact centre back office data. We don't target these measures out of the box for this reason simple reason NCH, AHT etc are all very variable. AHT depends on the call, I want a quick switch on roaring fair enough. I'm ringing cause my bill is completely wrong? Its gonna take more than 3 minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

iba wrote: »
    Ive searched the interwideweb but cannot find his or her name.
    Really?

I agree with Kensington, in that you're better off getting in touch with ComReg. They may not be the right people to talk to, but if not, they'll at least be able to advise you who to contact. Contacting the CEO of a company of that size may get you results also, but it can just as easily get you a polite reply (and nothing done) or take a very long time before something is done.

Really?

I agree with Kensington, in that you're better off getting in touch with ComReg. They may not be the right people to talk to, but if not, they'll at least be able to advise you who to contact. Contacting the CEO of a company of that size may get you results also, but it can just as easily get you a polite reply (and nothing done) or take a very long time before something is done.

I contacted the CEO 14 months ago when I opened this thread and got sorted, thanks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement