Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Streetlights

Options
  • 14-11-2012 12:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭

Something I've been secretly praying for for a while happened last night - the streelights outside the house all went out. :) Of course the downside was that there was total cloud cover and I couldnt see a thing but my word the difference it makes with them lights out is increddible. In these recessionary times it would be great to see councils switching off lights for a few hours during the night giving us all a chance to see the night sky the way it should be viewed but I don't know how realistic it is. Last night hit home at how envious I am of people who live in the countryside away from any streetlights.

PS - Woke this morning to see engineers fixing the lights so it's back to normal for me by the looks of it.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

ThunderCat wrote: »
    Last night hit home at how envious I am of people who live in the countryside away from any streetlights.

Well I was sweeping the milky way with my 15x70s the other night and it actually crossed my mind how unfortunate my city cousins are to be denied those wonderful sights. The vast majority just don't seem to be aware what they're missing out on...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,814 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

where can you get cheap sodium filters ?

or is it a waste of time with all the newer types of street lights

Advertisement