Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playa Del Carmen Mexico

Options
  • 14-11-2012 11:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

Hi all, I am off to Playa del carmen in Mexico in 2 weeks and am looking to do a bit of diving out there. Will definitely go out to cozumel for a day or two. Has anyone been to this area and if so do you have any dive shop or dive-site recommendations? Are the Cenotes worth diving or should I just stick to snorkelling them? Any advice greatly appreciated.:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭techdiver

Hi all, I am off to Playa del carmen in Mexico in 2 weeks and am looking to do a bit of diving out there. Will definitely go out to cozumel for a day or two. Has anyone been to this area and if so do you have any dive shop or dive-site recommendations? Are the Cenotes worth diving or should I just stick to snorkelling them? Any advice greatly appreciated.:)

Hi,

I was in Cancun in May and did 2 dives in the Cenotes. It was amazing! A completely different diving experience. I would highly advise doing a cenote trip. One of the best dives I've ever done!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

Cenotes are very definitely worth doing. And, no, snorkelling them isn't the same. You'll see virtually nothing of them if you're snorkelling.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭nomunnnofun

Thanks for the replies Tech and Locum, Good stuff, I'll definitely give the cenotes a go then. Looking forward to it. Must be totally different experience to heading off on a boat or walking in from a shoreline.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭thejaguar

Hi nomunnnofun,

I dived there last year with Pro Dive Mexico and they were great. I think they have a number of dive centres in the area so you should have no trouble finding them.

I did a day trip to Cozumel which was excellent. 2 dives, a bit of lunch in a resort on Cozumel and finished off with a pod of dolphins chasing our boat back to the ferry. Unbelievable.
    We did a couple of boat dives off playa del carmen aswell which were great. I didn't get a chance to dive any Cenotes, but I did a bit of snorkelling and would have loved to have gotten the chance to dive them.
    It might be worth looking into diving with Whale sharks aswell depending on what time of year you're going.

If I remember correctly, I got a 10% or 15% discount for booking online aswell.

Your trip must be getting close now. Remember to come back and let us know how you got on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭nomunnnofun

Only a week to go now. I'll definitely post back how I get on. Thanks for the advice everyone.

Only a week to go now. I'll definitely post back how I get on. Thanks for the advice everyone.

So...

Advertisement