Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell inspirion 6400 touchpad buttons.

Options
  • 14-11-2012 12:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi all.
    I have had my dell inspirion 6400 now for bout 8 years and is still going strong. But a few weeks after I bought it, the left and right mouse buttons on the mousepad stopped working and its been like that ever since. It works fine with a usb mouse but i would love to get this fixed once and for all. The mousepad itself works fine and moves around the screen. I have downloaded drivers, took the laptop apart to see was anything out of place, and checked for answers online,but to no avail.
    I also have a dell inspirion 510m with the " 9,o,l, and . keys" on the keyboard not working. On the keyboard these keys are in a diagonal to each other so this may have had a bearing on things. Just wondering if anyone has a fix for either of my problems. Any help would be greatly appreciated, John

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

That's great going for that 6400, mine lasted me about 6 years in every day use, upgraded and didn't use it for a while when I went back to it, it just wouldn't boot:(. Fantastic machines, I have to admit though I took mine apart more times than I care to admit, so I was most likely the one who killed it.

Anyway, as for a resolution, I don't have one being honest. It's most likely a hardware issue, and the solution to which just isn't worth the expense. USB mouse is your only man I reckon. Imagine getting another 2 years out of it, just to hit the magical 10 years:D

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭HelpWithIT

• Registered Users Posts: 17 BusterJohnny

Thanks for the comments guys. Yeah might look at replacing the touchpad, just trying to find put if there is another solution. Its a great machine, and I spent nearly 1300 on her between upgrades and everything back in 2004. And its been used by either me or my brother nearly everyday since. Its on its third battery, third charger, and about its tenth optical mouse!!I did upgrade the RAM there lately. Its now got 2.5 g. and its made a big difference to her.

Advertisement