Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Robbery in bank today

Options
  • 13-11-2012 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭

Was standing in the queue at the bank today and there was a fella with his wee son a few people ahead. The wee boy asked the woman behind the counter for a lollypop but was told they dont have any.

The woman 2 ahead of me reached over into the box of sweets on sale for Banardos and handed him a packet. I thought this was really nice of her until she didnt put money into the box!

Shocked I was. Robbed from charity in the bank!

I ended up putting the €2 in the box coz was so annoyed.

I also told the teller when I got to the counter and she couldnt believe it.

Sorry if you were expecting guns etc!

Have you witnessed people doing stuff like that before? Would you have put the money in the box?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

I have got my pitchfork at the ready, I am ready when you are ..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Slightly related... I was walking through town today and saw the headline of the local paper, 'Man with gun robs bank for the second time in a week'. I love Manchester.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Why didn't you say something to the woman?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Coz I thought she was going to put the money in when she was moving to the counter but when she didnt I was just in shock. Also dont really like making a fuss in the bank in case they think its a decoy while my accomplices rob the place. Prefer to save that for when I have accomplices ready to rob the place!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,431 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Wonder which meaning the little chap meant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭james142

Charity robs from you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭areyawell

:rolleyes:

Did you not call the gaurds OP? Well done and going up and telling the teller. Crime of the century.

Double :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

On a related note, the bank stewardess in my local bank stole my heart.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

The banks robbed the kids future a few sweets is not much for him to expect...

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭mikehunts

Thanks OP now i know the issues i have are really small compared to some people.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Tisserand

RustyNut wrote: »
    The banks robbed the kids future a few sweets is not much for him to expect...

Isn't there daylight robbery going on in the banks everyday...

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭optimistic_

areyawell wrote: »

Did you not call the gaurds OP? Well done and going up and telling the teller. Crime of the century.

Double :rolleyes:

There's not enough rolly eyes in your post. Roll harder boy!!!

Seriously, that is kinda low in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

OP, the only victim here is you.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

OMG, somebody do something and for the children!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭OneArt

Where To wrote: »
    On a related note, the bank stewardess in my local bank stole my heart.

You should report her immediately, don't you know how unhealthy not having a heart is?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

Witchie wrote: »
    Coz I thought she was going to put the money in when she was moving to the counter but when she didnt I was just in shock. Also dont really like making a fuss in the bank in case they think its a decoy while my accomplices rob the place. Prefer to save that for when I have accomplices ready to rob the place!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭Spiritual

People are so willing and ready to be shocked by the smallest of things. Mostly girls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

OP, go away now and compose somthing involving men, guns, being forced to strip and lie naked on top of a hot chick while cable-tied to the busty cashier, blue lights, a seige and fast cars. I for one care less if yer wan robbed the feckin box the sweets came in, several "Concern" tins and that little coin-rolley-roundy yoke that sits on the floor. I want Bullit, and I want it now. And preferably locate your tale somwhere local so I can discuss it over breakfast tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭marble

Spiritual wrote: »
    People are so willing and ready to be shocked by the smallest of things. Mostly girls.
    Or big girls blouse !

Advertisement