Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mirror iMac to TV

Options
  • 13-11-2012 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭

Is it possible or can you recommend some apps that will allow me to mirror an iMac to my TV via Apple TV

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,904 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Interesting, Im running 10.6.8 and I quite like it. I would consider upgrading but also welcome other suggestions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Just run a HDMI cable between the two and you won't need the Apple TV.

Yeah but the mac is in the spare room. I found a few apps but the quality is awful

T-K-O wrote: »
    Yeah but the mac is in the spare room. I found a few apps but the quality is awful

Ah ok. You would have needed an adaptor as well but it's great once it's set up.

• Advertisement

Ah ok. You would have needed an adaptor as well but it's great once it's set up.

I actually have the adapter and the quality is perfect, unfortunately moving the mac to the living room is not an option

T-K-O wrote: »
    I actually have the adapter and the quality is perfect, unfortunately moving the mac to the living room is not an option

What's the longest HDMI cable there is? The one I have is about 6m as I run the it around the walls to get from the Mac to the TV but if you could get a longer one could you not do the same and maybe bore a little hole in the wall to get it through?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

just update to ML. Its worth the €15

miralize wrote: »
    just update to ML. Its worth the €15

You'll also have to make sure you have a compatible Mac. I'm running ML but my iMac is '09 so it doesn't work. You need a recent version (although i don;t know from when exactly)

A mate of mine works in AV, ill ask him for an extra long HDMI, quality guaranteed.

miralize, I fear the quality is not up to much, can your stream video?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

You can see everything that your Mac sees. Including video.

miralize wrote: »
    You can see everything that your Mac sees. Including video.

I think i'll test it with a friends macbook, he's got the latest OSX

You'll also have to make sure you have a compatible Mac. I'm running ML but my iMac is '09 so it doesn't work. You need a recent version (although i don;t know from when exactly)

Apparently it's Macs from mid 2011 onwards that it only works on.

Apparently it's Macs from mid 2011 onwards that it only works on.

Good to know, my iMac is late 09

Advertisement