Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Person struck by DART train last night

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Person struck my DART train last night

Thinly veiled I have my own DART thread

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭james142

MadsL wrote: »
    Thinly veiled I have my own DART thread

Seplling error :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 216 ✭✭Geri Male

How does this happen? A DART or train isn't silent so I'm surprised that somebody would allow themselves get hit by one. Surely they could have got out of the way?

Geri Male wrote: »
    How does this happen? A DART or train isn't silent so I'm surprised that somebody would allow themselves get hit by one. Surely they could have got out of the way?

Apparently it was a young teen too.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Sometimes people want to be hit by the train.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Its more frequent than you'd think. It just isnt widely reported when it does happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Rigol

There must be better ways.
    I mean none of the options are very appealing. But the train. Nope.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Where did they say she died?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

It wasn't your woman looking for her hands was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

Rigol wrote: »
    There must be better ways.
    I mean none of the options are very appealing. But the train. Nope.

Not to obsess on the morbid side but, I'd say you'd be hard pressed to find many "better" ways to go. It's a quick and definite way to die. No agony.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

It wasn't your woman looking for her hands was it?
    inb4 those who act like they are grossly offended by the above comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

RIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

enda1 wrote: »
    Not to obsess on the morbid side but, I'd say you'd be hard pressed to find many "better" ways to go. It's a quick and definite way to die. No agony.

It's pretty horrible for people who witness it especially those driving the train.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

<snip>

I'd vote for a man like that. He seems like he'd get **** done.

Mod edit: do not link to people's personal social networking accounts

• Registered Users Posts: 78,321 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Mostly drink, drugs and dares.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Who says they died?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

james142 wrote: »
    Apparently it was a young teen too.

Any old teens?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Gauss

No way, it's fukcing terrifying. Gunshot to the head is much more appealing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

Victor wrote: »
    Mostly drink, drugs and dares.

You forgot severe depression leading to someone seeing no other option but to end it all

Poor sole R.I.P

brummytom wrote: »
    Where did they say she died?
    vicwatson wrote: »
    Who says they died?

Here is a later tweet from IrishRail stating that the victim died:

https://twitter.com/IrishRail/status/268119732132143104

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Give over, unless your head\upper torso is hit, you can get compacted with God awful pinch\friction injuries along the mid riff and 'rolled' along, as I said, unless there's upper spine\head injuries, emergency services will often find someone who is dying, but quite often, not dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

Amalgam wrote: »
    Give over, unless your head\upper torso is hit, you can get compacted with God awful pinch\friction injuries along the mid riff and 'rolled' along, as I said, unless there's upper spine\head injuries, emergency services will often find someone who is dying, but quite often, not dead.

You'd be chuffed to bits.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 343 ✭✭Sorcha16

Condolences to some poor family facing an awful Christmas this year :(

Amalgam wrote: »

I don't think you'll find many survivors of direct train standy in fronty related injuries.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Well a woman was hit by one in dun Laoghaire a week ago and survived, but lost some of her fingers. Can't imagine a worse scenario myself.

If someone was trying to kill themselves, being hit by a train leaves a massively wide probability of surviving but having absolutely god awful and debilitating injuries. No idea why anyone would imagine it's a surefire or quick way to go :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

Only for the train driver, passengers etc

Well a woman was hit by one in dun Laoghaire a week ago and survived, but lost some of her fingers. Can't imagine a worse scenario myself.

If someone was trying to kill themselves, being hit by a train leaves a massively wide probability of surviving but having absolutely god awful and debilitating injuries. No idea why anyone would imagine it's a surefire or quick way to go :confused:

Whawt!!!....

At any speed any impact with any part of the body would be of the exploding watermelon variety.
    If it only hit your arm at mid speed thats 1 arm down and about 20 sec of blood left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Here we go again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

Rigol wrote: »

Whawt!!!....

At any speed any impact with any part of the body would be of the exploding watermelon variety.
    If it only hit your arm at mid speed thats 1 arm down and about 20 sec of blood left.
    You're forgeting that most of these suicide attempts are are off rail platforms where trains wont be going full pelt .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Halloran springs

Any old teens?

Inappropriate place and time for trying to be a smart-arse.

Advertisement