Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thoughts on LC Art?

Options
  • 13-11-2012 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

I'm considering doing art for the leaving. I got an A in the junior cert and I don't mind art history but I have a few doubts and questions if anyone could answer I'd really appreciate it :)

My standard of art isn't that high.. I'm ok but I'm no Michelangello. Will this effect my chances of getting a high grade or if I have all the work done to a decent standard could I still achieve a top grade?

I'm worried that art will take up a lot of my time and cause me to slack in other subjects does anyone find this happens?

How much time does art take up roughly a week and is it a lot of work?

Would I be wiser opting for another subject like another science?

Thank you for your help
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

I do art and if you are looking for an A grade, I would advise don't do art. Only 5% get an A, less than 1% get an A1. I have a friend who got an A in her JC and got a B3 in her LC. I seen most of her project, and it was pretty high quality and she was very book smart so it wasn't the art history that bought her down. In my year about 50 do Art which means statistically only 2 people will get an A and you know straight away whose these people are, they are incredibly gifted at art.
    I would definitely advise do a science subject (even if you do decide to do art), most art colleges don't require you to have studied art in the LC but many many college courses require you to have studied a science subject in your LC (some even require 2, and most UCAS science courses require a 2nd science, even if it is, for eg, human biology, you have to had studied 2 HL science subjects in your LC).
    I personally find art to be my least time consuming subject bar my art history essays because I really do go an extra mile when it comes to art history. Art is a great subject however, don't get me wrong, just if you want an A, its unlikely but not impossible (but pretty darn close) to get an A.

Advertisement