Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turbo sessions that dont require hr or power?

Options
  • 13-11-2012 12:15pm
    Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭

Yeah, yeah, I know, whats the point in that. :p But I'm taking a class of noobs who dont have hrms yet and I need a variety of drills that don't require heartrate just for the first few weeks till everyone picks up a monitor.

So far I've been doing single legs and spin ups, and intervals using gearing, but thought Id ask here in case anyone has inspired ideas to coach people new to turbo (without scaring them off).

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

RPE intervals? Can they pick up cadence?

edit: presumably they can pick up cadence - switch up the RPM? Whack out over 100 > down to 80 > 95 etc..etc..?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

6*6min @60rpm in a high gear. That should sort them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

BTH are you on commission of a physio
    this set for beginner is a killer

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

BTH wrote: »
    Depends what you mean by sort them out!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭BennyMul

You could try a sprint work out,

6 seconds sprint and 24 rec * 12 then recovery, and then decending reps 10,8,6,4,2,1

no need for anything apart from a stop watch

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

BTH wrote: »

You mean break them:)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Do they have any old Casios? I hear you can use them for everything. Even cooked my dinner with one last night #WhoNeedsAMicrowave

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

tunney wrote: »
    Do they have any old Casios? I hear you can use them for everything. Even cooked my dinner with one last night #WhoNeedsAMicrowave
    I have an old casio keyboard. That what you mean?

Advertisement