Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

***Match Thread*** Tue 13/11 20:15 WES1 v Mazars

Options
  • 13-11-2012 11:52am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Lads, another big game tonight, this team are good, they've drawn or narrowly lost to the top teams so we'll need to put in another performance of last weeks calibre to get the win.

Dave - in
    Jules - in
    Wes - in
    Cathal - in
    Conor - in
    Keith P - In
    Derek - in
    Darren - In
    Gar - in
    Keith R - in
    Ciaran - in
    Clay - In but late
    Collie - in
    Mark - In
    Damian - In

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Mall10357

I Will Be There But I Will Be Up Just After Half Eight

• Registered Users Posts: 5,999 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

In.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

Do we have a keeper for tonight until Clay arrives?

Des there tonight?

And I'm in btw.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Mousewar wrote: »
    Do we have a keeper for tonight until Clay arrives?

Des there tonight?

And I'm in btw.

May be me..

I'm updating the list, but dont have the team phone.
    So bear with me!

You going to put your 100% clean sheet record on the line? :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Mousewar wrote: »
    You going to put your 100% clean sheet record on the line? :)

Depends if Conor is there or not!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Mgoraf

In

Mgoraf wrote: »
    In

sorry mate, who are you in real life :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Mgoraf

Haha - Mark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Whole squad in tonight :eek:

• Advertisement

_blank_ wrote: »
    Whole squad in tonight :eek:

Tough decisions ahead :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,999 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Great win lads. Sorry for putting the pressure on for 5 mins there at start of the 2nd half won't happen again.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Mall10357

Sorry About Last Night Lads The Other Half Did Not Get In Until 5 to 9. Great Result And Well Done
    Sorry Again

Yeah lads good win, that composure after going 2-1 up and then down to 10 men is what we were missing in the early parts of the season.

Wes scored two very good goals, we were sloppy for their first, but for most of the game we tried to play passing football and when we did, we cut them open and gave our forward line the chance to make something happen.

Very tough game coming up next week against Boxmasters who are 2nd.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭murtagh

Pretty sure Dave got the touch for the second goal, didnt he?
    Good stuff all round to grind out the result tho.

Yeah it was Dave, I was right behind him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Yeh good performance lads, much better composure on the ball and pressing them in possession meant we won a lot of breaking ball. Lovely goal by Wes for the 1st.

We do need to be more decisive in not letting balls bounce at the back and there could be more vocal organisation/communication so everyone knows what's expected of them, particularly at set-pieces. But that's gelling that happens as everyone gets more familiar with each other and their positions etc. Given the amount of quality possession we had, ideally we'd be making more frequent clearcut chances, and sometimes we do still opt for the lateral ball rather than looking to penetrate with a decisive through-ball or ball to a striker's feet that could bring on a runner. So it's just a reminder that we need to consciously look for the forward pass a bit more often.

That's tweaking though, overall the past 2 weeks have seen a really positive improvement, we're definitely back to playing the game we know we can, so it's all about building from here...

Advertisement