Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Change of Address Charge

Options
  • 13-11-2012 10:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi,

I was just charged my address on my car insurance, there was no change in premium.

However, I was charged a 20 euro Administration Fee.

Just wondering if anybody else has had this experience? And does anyone know is this right/wrong from a consumer rights perspective?

Thanks,

John

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Thats shocking. It would be in their t&c. If you complain they will send you them out.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Depends on what T&C you signed up to. Like the low cost airlines many of the low cost insurers have additional fees and charges - that is how they make money..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

BuffyBot wrote: »
    Depends on what T&C you signed up to.

T&c change all the time regardless of when someone signs up. Chances are this information was sent to the op but like most people it's either filed away or binned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Count yourself lucky, it's €50 with No Nonsense for a change of vehicle.

Advertisement