Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dynamic Array

Options
  • 13-11-2012 10:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭

Hey folks,

I posted up a query in the engineering section but it is a bit of a CAD problem now that I think of it. I'm really struggling with this I can't figure it out a all!

I have a box 2980 x 1480, and in that box I want to place an array of boxes 40 x 40.Sounds simple enough but now theres a problem, the pitch of the boxes along the short length (1480) is to remain the same at 40, but the pitch along the 2980 length is to start at 40 and increase incrementally to 80 by the end of the box.

Anybody got any ideas?

I'm using AutoCad 2007 LT if thats any help...

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

I don't know about AutoCAD but on Solidworks you can have a table driven pattern that might be able to do what you're looking for.

Similarly you can add equations to dimensions that could do the job (bizarrely enough I remember starting a thread on here questioning when anyone would need to use equations!) but again I don't know if AutoCAD can do this.

Also how many boxes do you want to have along the 2980 length?

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Mr. Tezza

I don't think you can do it normally with AutoCad thats the problem, and the # of boxes along the length is dependant of the increase in distance between them from what I can gather which is another problem!

Advertisement