Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PLAY.COM - Memory cards, daily deal 13/11/12

Options
  • 13-11-2012 5:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

play.com daily deal today featuring micro sd cards (Lexar, class 4) for e7.42, and PNY normal SDHC (class 10 apparently, 20MB/s) cards for e22.95.
    BTW, Pro-tip: scroll down the deals page to get a SanDisk SDHC (class 10, 30MB/s) for about a euro cheaper, at e21.59. beware though, the description lists this magically at both class 6 AND class 10, so i take no responsibility if goods are not as pictured :P

I've been watching memory card prices generally for a while now, this is a good deal, right? i mean, MyMemory typically sell class 4/10's at 2GBs/pound, yes? and last time i checked, Lexar and SanDisk were the way to go brand-wise, (I wasn't sure about PNY tbh?)
    And also, please no comments about "I should have waited for black friday", etc- some people may do well out of that I admit, but on its own this looked like a good deal :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Kajor

Micros:

Lexar Micro SD 16GB Class 4 - €7.42
    Kingston Micro SD 16GB Class 4 - €15.26

Transcend Micro SD 32GB Class 4 - €24.29
    SanDisk Mobile Ultra Micro SD 32GB Class 10 (UHS-1) - €28.20

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭bored_newbie

Do they deliver them here? I thought they didn't...

"DVDs, Blu-rays, CDs, games, books, clothing and sports equipment are eligible for delivery outside of the UK. Unfortunately, we cannot deliver footwear, electronics, personal computers, gadgets, or mobile phones outside of the UK."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Doodah7

"DVDs, Blu-rays, CDs, games, books, clothing and sports equipment are eligible for delivery outside of the UK. Unfortunately, we cannot deliver footwear, electronics, personal computers, gadgets, or mobile phones outside of the UK."

I successfully ordered a memory stick from Play recently. I put Ireland in as the postcode and country as UK and it worked. Your mileage may vary...

• Registered Users Posts: 43,791 ✭✭✭✭Basq

tallpaul wrote: »
    I successfully ordered a memory stick from Play recently. I put Ireland in as the postcode and country as UK and it worked. Your mileage may vary...
    Yep, same worked for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Kevface91

tallpaul wrote: »

ummm, i didnt have to do any of that? looks like i left my address as Ireland, and my micro sd is apparently en route no problem, not sure about the sdhc yet....
    sometimes theres problems with ireland delivery if youre shopping in pounds? if you run into problems, always try switching currency, sometimes that fixes it :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,856 ✭✭✭ozmo

Aldi (in Clonee) have 16G Class 6 cards (not Micro) for 9.99 in the glass case. Seem to have a good few as the ones I got came from the store room when i asked for them.

Branded Medion

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Kevface91

FYI guys, SD card just arrived today no problems, expecting the micro tomorrow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭froggy1985

Came across this on eBay, don't know a huge amount about memory cards, but its a 32GB Samsung Class 10 SDHC card for £14.99. They deliver to Ireland for £3 so overall works out at under 23euro delivered, cheaper if you use the parcel motel offer (free UK shipping) :D

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/281009099052

Advertisement