Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTFS file sharing

Options
  • 13-11-2012 12:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭

So my trusty PowerMac Dual G5 has been resigned to the role of a media server. Great ! Controlled by my iPad and iPod Touch it makes for a pretty neat and speedy system.

One issue I'm having though is sharing an attached 1TB external Drive that contains most of my media. The drive is formatted as NTFS (too much on it to change it now) and works fine with NTFS-3G installed so that I can write to it.

Problem is that I transfer files to it from my main Mac via my network. But the NTFS drive doesn't appear on my other machines despite it being shared with the correct settings etc. I've tried sharing specific directories but still they don't show up.

The PowerMac is running 10.5.8 with all updates.

Anyone able to shed any light on why I can't see the shares ?

My other Macs are all running 10.6.8.

Thanks.

Ken

Advertisement