Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some radiators not heating

Options
  • 13-11-2012 12:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Last week I called a plumber to look at why some radiators were not heating up. He changed the pump and two of the radiators started to heat up, one didn't. He turned off all the other radiators to try and force water through the radiator but this didn't work.
    He said the system needed to be flushed because the system was filthy.

I wasn't too worried about that radiator not working as its in a spare room but when he left I opened the valves for the radiators and the ones that previously didn't work didn't work again! Do the valves need to be replaced? When I bleed the radiator hot water will flow into the radiator, but only when bleed! The water that comes out when bleed is very clear! If the water is clear does the system need flushing?

Any advice is much appreciated.

Gavin

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭shane0007

It sounds more like a balancing issue.
    The rads apthat are hot, turn them down from the lock shield valve, this is the one that you would require a spanner to adjust. Count the turns you make in case to want to reset to previous. Turn all the way off, then crank back a little so they are still getting hot. Carry on and check of the rads that were cold get hot again.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭jimjimt

How many rads on your system and do you have to bleed them regularly ?

Advertisement