Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

places to meet women

Options
  • 12-11-2012 11:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

i broke up my girlfriend of 7 years a few months ago and i think its time i move on. i dont drink and dont really care for pubs and clubs. are there any other places in limerick that would be good to meet some nice women? cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

Catherine street

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Gallee

Catherine street

Nice - a relative new poster comes on looking for help and you suggest he looks for a prostitute. How mature of you.

OP - sorry to hear that. I know a few people who tried dating agencies and they were very apprehensive in the beginning but it turned out well. It is very difficult as the social circle does revolve around the pub and club but remember kits if women out there don't like the pub scene euther but do end up out with friends - best way really.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

We need Squid back :D

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭gflann

ianohare wrote: »
    i broke up my girlfriend of 7 years a few months ago and i think its time i move on. i dont drink and dont really care for pubs and clubs. are there any other places in limerick that would be good to meet some nice women? cheers

7 years, that's rough man, hope all is ok.
    Would you think of getting involved in a few local organisations ?
    GAA, Community Council, Soccer Club, Dace Club, Panto Society?
    Always an avenue for meeting new people, either that, or one of those Speed Dating nights.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Catherine street

This is not after hours. Grow up.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

I would say the fitness classes in UL would be good places to start, but the odds are it'll end up you having to go out, and someone will come up to you and say "hey, I know you from the fitness classes etc etc"....

Other than that, there are a few coffee shops on Thomas Street that always seem to have a fair amount of women in them.

Stay out of nightclubs. If you do go out, depending on your age bracket, there seem to be A LOT of women around Limerick.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭Culleeo

Apologies to hear about the break up. Would you consider online dating? Try to wean yourself back in to the dating scene. There is a good thread here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056647134 about the experiences of people currently trying online dating, may be worth a look, best of luck anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭L.T.P.

ianohare wrote: »

UL sports arena seems to be crawling with them!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Was in the same position last year, 7 year relationship break up.

tried meeting people out but it was always tough.

Some people recommended stuff like Macra or gym classes, but i went the online dating route. Its a weird experience and its hard on the guys, as the girls get bombarded with messages, but its worth sticking out. met my current GF on plenty of fish, and while we both hated the site, it DID bring us together in our mutual hate of it! Couldnt be happier, we've just moved in together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Treehorn

zuroph wrote: »
    Was in the same position last year, 7 year relationship break up.

tried meeting people out but it was always tough.

Some people recommended stuff like Macra or gym classes, but i went the online dating route. Its a weird experience and its hard on the guys, as the girls get bombarded with messages, but its worth sticking out. met my current GF on plenty of fish, and while we both hated the site, it DID bring us together in our mutual hate of it! Couldnt be happier, we've just moved in together.

Lucky man, personally I found the only dating thing for the Limerick region to be pretty poor. Not many users relative to other parts of the country. Got tired of the thing very quick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

plentyoffish had a fairly decent amount of people on there, its grown exponentially in the last while. Okcupid is slicker but not as many users. and yeah, you come across the same people all the time, but then just take a break and return :) It's a nicer way to meet someone, can actually get to know them a bit rather than chat to some girl in a bar and find out you've nothing in common

• Site Banned Posts: 638 ✭✭✭imurdaddy

Best of luck OP, Its tuff to meet someone you click with but well worth the effort, you wont be missing anything in pubs and clubs and to be honest they are not great for meeting women i find, Try find some clubs to join and look at diffrent options!

I was in your shoes myself not too long ago and now with a great woman!

Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

meeting through friends is probably the best way in my opinion....

Advertisement