Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reserve in the middle of it, fair play

Options
  • 12-11-2012 11:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZwBOJeJrWU

A fellow Reserve, lad I know from my class stationed in the B. the video gives you an idea of what being a reserve can be like. also how there is a camera phone in your face every time you walk out of the station.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

Lovely shower of comments on the YouTube video.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭bluetop

redsurfer wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZwBOJeJrWU

A fellow Reserve, lad I know from my class stationed in the B. the video gives you an idea of what being a reserve can be like. also how there is a camera phone in your face every time you walk out of the station.

From what was been said on FM104 tonight gsoc is going to have a field day, and they are planning a rematch with the B on friday, hope they have enough boots to police this one.

From looking at that clip the poor GR had to stay back and the full time member had to stick up for him when he was on the bridge, the powers have come at the right time, if they had of been in place when this happened the GR would have been able to step forward himself

They cant come quick enough for the guys policing the city centers where it has been badly needed since the introduction of the GR.

Fair play to him getting stuck in just goes to show what the extra pair of boots can achieve, its a pity there is still some animosity towards them in stations, they should be seen as an asset to be used and not someone that should be put in a corner and forgot about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

bluetop wrote: »
    From what was been said on FM104 tonight gsoc is going to have a field day, and they are planning a rematch with the B on friday, hope they have enough boots to police this one.

I don't get what they will have a field day about? They where told to leave the area more than once and didn't, this is the result. You get arrested. (That's based on what one user, who apparently recorded the thing posted himself.)

That's all I will comment on as I wasn't there, but everyone seems to be getting up in arms over this incident. All handbags if you ask me, seems people from time to time need an incident to take a pop at the Garda, this is just one such incident.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Section 8 of the public order act, states that a member may instruct a person in a public place to desist/move on if loitering, with or without a group of people, if the safety of people or propety is at risk.

Section 5 gives the same powers to members to order a desist if people/persons are seen to be disorderly in a public place.

Failure to comply with the directions is an arrestable offence under section 24 of the same act. I wasn't there so its hard to comment on the events that led up to it, but I find it hard to believe a Guard would see fit to move on some buskers without some reasoning behind it. Maybe the owner of a premesis requested it or something? Either way, there's nothing untoward going on in the video that I can see...the argument "I didn't do anything" doesn't mean your not breaking the law, if instructed to desist/leave the area.

Agreed re the new powers coming at the right time, the Reserve in the video would have been able to stand his ground knowing he has the support of the law behind him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭KwackerJack

'We pay your wages' Yea mate and what do you work at? Hate that comment!

Unless the recording shows the entire lot from peace to end it's impossible to tell!

Working in Security at a train station a while back I was punched in the chest while trying to remove a male who was abusive to staff and customers.....As we walked with him he again turned around and went to grab my neck, We put him on the floor and held him until Gardai arrived. A young girl recorded the incident as he hit the deck and never recorded my self being assaulted, So there you see where even if its on film it still cannot be taking completely into account!!

Works out he was so out of it he thought he was in a different county altogether :rolleyes:

If your ask to move just move on, If you start a fight or scene its not going to end well.

Fair play to the Reserve who pulled the Baton, Noticed most backed off :D They were the clever one's!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Pity the boys in blue were not up Henry Street on Monday evening, I had 3 beggars asking me for cash, multiple scumbags at shop doors, and religious nutbags asking me to join their facades.

HOWEVER THERE WAS A GUY THERE PLAYING THE VIOLIN AND HE WAS VERY GOOD.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Sgt. Bilko 09

ebbsy wrote: »
    Pity the boys in blue were not up Henry Street on Monday evening, I had 3 beggars asking me for cash, multiple scumbags at shop doors, and religious nutbags asking me to join their facades.

HOWEVER THERE WAS A GUY THERE PLAYING THE VIOLIN AND HE WAS VERY GOOD.

You should email the local businesses assocation they then inturn contact the gards and set up a local policing programme for that sort thing

Advertisement