Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why dont cops arrest celebrities who admit to drug taking

Options
  • 12-11-2012 11:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭

Just wondering. I mean some rock stars write books etc admitting all of this. Surely it would stand up in court as a confession. Why don't they get put away? Is there different rules if your famous? Anyone else ever wonder this

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

You can only be arrested if you are caught in possession of drugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

One person taking drugs is not of much importance to the gardai.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

One person taking drugs is not of much importance to the gardai.

what about 2 people?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭HeyThereDeliah

Just wondering. I mean some rock stars write books etc admitting all of this. Surely it would stand up in court as a confession. Why don't they get put away? Is there different rules if your famous? Anyone else ever wonder this

I think they just say it to sell books. It's all lies.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

pmcmahon wrote: »
    what about 2 people?
    Oh now you;ve done it.
    I am confuse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭ceegee

They can't prove that it actually happened. I remember seeing some English woman on the late late a few years ago talking about her past as a jewel thief (afair). She pointed out that everything she said was hypothetically what happened if her book was true so she couldn't be prosecuted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

If they arested them, they'd have to take them into the cop-shop for an interview, and everyone knows, a lot of celebs are a right pain in the hole to interview. Just ask Parkinson.

"I swear on the bible that what I wrote in that book is not the truth."

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭FrogMarch

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

It is not illegal to use drugs, only to be in possession.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭MaxSteele

Because the cops have actual important things to be doing ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

Just wondering. I mean some rock stars write books etc admitting all of this. Surely it would stand up in court as a confession.

No, it wouldn't. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7 aman121

Seriously ? Politics, connections, the relationships of people in high places ?

Flippantly ? Possibly a " class " thing ? Well documented that people at the bottom of society with no job have to do a vast amount of crime to afford their habit. The RRP of goods stolen does not equate to the street value of their expensive habit. Addressing the drugs addresses a vast amount other potential criminal activity. On the other hand, Rod Stewart or Ronnie Wood are unlikely to be found mugging grannies or cloning credit cards so they can blow white powder up their jacksie in their country mansions ? Loads of people get away with stuff, depends how expedient it is for the law to do them. Look at the US, with plea bargaining and mafia supergrasses. That said, presumably Rod and Ronnie do lead a trail to some rather nasty Columbian chappies.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

It isn't illegal to say that you have used drugs in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,530 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

That is the most stupid piece of logic I have heard in the last 4 hours 21 minutes

Advertisement